Trio Autopilot

Old March 11th 05, 03:16 AM
David Tate

Default Trio Autopilot

Has anybody out there had experience using the "Trio EZ Pilot" control head
driving a Navaid servo. I'm not at all happy with the Navaid wing leveler I
installed in my KIS Cruiser. The Trio web site, however, claims great
results using their solid state control head driving the Navaid servo using
signals from either a hand held or panel mount GPS.

Dave Tate

Old March 11th 05, 02:33 PM

Last summer, after a year of flying behind my Navaid I swapped out for
an EzPilot. The switch only took an hour. It is quick to learn to use
it. Shortly after that I used it for a 30 hr cross country over the
Rockies and back. It has met every parameter they claim and is an
order of magnitude better than my Navaid. It handles turbulence very
well. I am driving it with a Lowrance 100 Airmap.
It is fundamentally the same as the Trutrak with a lot more information
displayed on the head, which is why I chose it over the Trutrak. The
stock EZpilot uses the Navaid servo anyway, so that is not an issue.
Trutrak also has a retrofit to the Navaid servo IIRC.
I wouldn't be nervous about the switch, you will be happy.
Justaguy

Old March 11th 05, 04:28 PM
David Tate

Justaguy

Thanks for the input. Trio offered to check out my Navaid Servo free of
charge to make sure the servo was not the problem. I plan to take them up on
the offer. I didn't realize that EZ Pilot used the stock Navaid servo for
their system.
Dave Tate

wrote in message
oups.com...
Last summer, after a year of flying behind my Navaid I swapped out for
an EzPilot. The switch only took an hour. It is quick to learn to use
it. Shortly after that I used it for a 30 hr cross country over the
Rockies and back. It has met every parameter they claim and is an
order of magnitude better than my Navaid. It handles turbulence very
well. I am driving it with a Lowrance 100 Airmap.
It is fundamentally the same as the Trutrak with a lot more information
displayed on the head, which is why I chose it over the Trutrak. The
stock EZpilot uses the Navaid servo anyway, so that is not an issue.
Trutrak also has a retrofit to the Navaid servo IIRC.
I wouldn't be nervous about the switch, you will be happy.
Justaguy

Slaving autopilot to a VOR? Jay Honeck Owning 22 May 29th 04 06:09 PM
Rain and autopilot unstable W9MV Owning 3 May 18th 04 08:51 PM
mitchell autopilot dave Owning 1 May 5th 04 06:11 PM
Chelton AP-3C autopilot Kyler Laird Owning 0 April 2nd 04 03:08 PM
KAP140 Autopilot Details News Instrument Flight Rules 27 October 22nd 03 02:01 AM