ZPE

Old March 4th 04, 02:28 AM
Big John

Default ZPE

AW&ST had an article in the 1 March issue on ZPE (Zero Point Energy)
and the "Casimir effect" that should be read by all.

If you don't have access to AW&ST, then go to Google and search for
"ZPE". The articles I read there were not as good as the AW&ST article
but will give you an idea of what may be in the works.

If this proves out, the home builders may be able to construct
fabulous vehicles that will not only operate in the atmosphere but
also vehicles that will operate in space.

At first, I thought the article might be a 1 April item but find it is
under serious study by government and industry.

Big John
Old March 5th 04, 10:13 PM
zigoteau

Big John wrote in message . ..

Hi, Big John,

AW&ST had an article in the 1 March issue on ZPE (Zero Point Energy)
and the "Casimir effect" that should be read by all.

If you don't have access to AW&ST, then go to Google and search for
"ZPE". The articles I read there were not as good as the AW&ST article
but will give you an idea of what may be in the works.

If this proves out, the home builders may be able to construct
fabulous vehicles that will not only operate in the atmosphere but
also vehicles that will operate in space.

At first, I thought the article might be a 1 April item but find it is
under serious study by government and industry.

You may be right that ZPE is under study by people with lots of money
at their disposal. However your initial perception that it was an
April Fools' joke was closer to the mark.

These people are claming that the Casimir effect provides a way to
beat the well-known laws of conservation of energy and/or momentum. It
doesn't. The last time these laws were questioned was in the 1940s in
studies of beta-decay. After many experiments these laws were
triumphant.

Read Int. J. Chem. 7 (2004) 1

Cheers,

Zigoteau.
Old March 6th 04, 03:37 AM
Big John

Zig

As I read, they say that there is sub atomic activity that if possible
to be harnessed will provide unlimited amounts of energy output?

I read that they have demonstrated this activity but have not been
able to scale it up to a usable figure?

You can almost read this as perpetual motion and it exists through out
the universe.

In a space ship, you could accelerate to the velocity of light and
possibly exceed that velocity (even though Einstein said no).

An interesting article whether or not it comes to frutration in our
life span?????

Big John

On 5 Mar 2004 14:13:18 -0800, (zigoteau) wrote:

Hi, Big John,

Old March 6th 04, 11:06 AM
RU ok

An interesting article whether or not it comes to frutration in our
life span?????

Big John

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

??????

fru·i·tion n.

1. Realization of something desired or worked for;
accomplishment: labor finally coming to fruition.

2. The condition of bearing fruit.

Barnyard BOb --
Old March 7th 04, 10:10 AM
zigoteau

Big John wrote in message . ..

Hi, Big,

As I read, they say that there is sub atomic activity that if possible
to be harnessed will provide unlimited amounts of energy output?

They also say the earth is flat. They also say there is one God,
Allah, and Mohammed is his prophet. They also say that if you give the
details of your bank account to a stranger, it will be filled with
unimaginable wealth from the personal fortune of a dead African
tyrant, gained by the exploitation and misery of millions of little
brown/black people. They also say there's one born every minute.

I read that they have demonstrated this activity but have not been
able to scale it up to a usable figure?

Funny about that? A bit like Uri Geller using his fantastic talent to
bend spoons rather than, say, to influence the outcome of a horse
race, or, if it comes to that, politics, finally becoming master of
the universe.

You can almost read this as perpetual motion and it exists through out
the universe.

You can almost read this that ours is the best of all possible worlds.
Voltaire would be proud of you. All hail to Dr Pangloss, our glorious
leader! C'est toi, Candide, des fois?

In a space ship, you could accelerate to the velocity of light and
possibly exceed that velocity (even though Einstein said no).

.. . . ultimately vanishing up your own synclastic infundibulum!!

An interesting article whether or not it comes to frutration in our
life span?????

I am absolutely and incontrovertibly frutrated.

Yours in navel-gazing expectation,

Mr le Comte Zigoteau de Bouldaste.
Old March 7th 04, 06:04 PM
Big John

Bob

That spell checker is dumber than I am and I'm pretty dumb.

If I'd just quit trying to use the 'big' words and go back to
English 101 this wouldn't happen

You didn't comment on XPE???????????

BJ

Old March 7th 04, 07:17 PM
RU ok

Big John wrote:

Bob

That spell checker is dumber than I am and I'm pretty dumb.

If I'd just quit trying to use the 'big' words and go back to
English 101 this wouldn't happen

You didn't comment on XPE???????????

BJ

+++++++++++++++++++++++++

Heh, heh.

I couldn't begin to top......
Mr. le Comte Zigoteau de Bouldaste.

Barnyard BOb -
Old March 7th 04, 08:50 PM
Big John

zig

HeHeHeHe

Je ne parlie vous la france

Enough, this thread is dead.................................

BJ

On 7 Mar 2004 02:10:04 -0800, (zigoteau) wrote:

Hi, Big,