Netto bis

Old August 13th 11, 09:25 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
bish

Default Netto bis

Hi
When I set my Lx 7000 to Netto, my vario needle indicate +1.8 kt on
the ground.
When I choose vario or relative vario the needle indicate 0.
Why is that?
Thank you,
Gilles
Old August 13th 11, 09:45 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Dave Hoppe[_2_]

On 8/13/2011 3:25 PM, bish wrote:
Hi
When I set my Lx 7000 to Netto, my vario needle indicate +1.8 kt on
the ground.
When I choose vario or relative vario the needle indicate 0.
Why is that?
Thank you,
Gilles

Because it's adjusting for your sink rate. On the ground you're not
sinking. If you were flying the sink rate adjustment should have your
needle at zero.

Old August 13th 11, 09:47 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Dave Hoppe[_2_]

On 8/13/2011 3:45 PM, Dave Hoppe wrote:
On 8/13/2011 3:25 PM, bish wrote:
Hi
When I set my Lx 7000 to Netto, my vario needle indicate +1.8 kt on
the ground.
When I choose vario or relative vario the needle indicate 0.
Why is that?
Thank you,
Gilles

Because it's adjusting for your sink rate. On the ground you're not
sinking. If you were flying the sink rate adjustment should have your
needle at zero.

In calm air with appropriate polar information entered.
Old August 13th 11, 11:05 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Mark Burton

On Aug 13, 9:25*pm, bish wrote:
Hi
When I set my Lx 7000 to Netto, * my vario needle *indicate +1.8 kt on
the ground.
When I choose vario or relative vario the needle *indicate 0.
Why is that?
Thank you,
Gilles

Mine does the same. I assume that it is because it does not realise
you are not flying, and the sink rate at minimum flying speed would be
about 1.8 knots; since you are not descending, it thinks you are in
air which is rising at 1.8 knots.

This is what I have always believed, but it is just a guess on my
part. I like netto mode for the cruise.

Mark Burton
Old August 14th 11, 06:56 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Heinz

The LX7000 in NETTO-mode is trying to compute what the air around you is doing.

Since your ship's (Computerized)polar tells the LX that it it should be sinking at 1.8 kt and the Vario information tells the computer that is is at zero sink, it tells you that the "airmass" around the ship is moving up at 1.8k.

Note that once you have some airspeed (above the point where the polar-curve makes sense), the LX will take the sink at that speed from the polar and compare that sink to the Vario-indicated sink to compute air vertical motion.

Heinz

Netto bish Soaring 12 August 4th 11 04:09 AM
Netto JJ Sinclair[_2_] Soaring 0 July 31st 11 07:50 PM
How do I rig a netto variometer Scott Alexander[_2_] Soaring 10 February 17th 11 06:09 AM
How to build a Netto Pat Russell[_2_] Soaring 3 May 14th 10 12:17 PM
NETTO Question Shoulbe Soaring 5 September 16th 03 05:21 PM