Aviation crash videos on-line

Old September 7th 04, 12:56 PM
Jay Honeck

I have a half hour programme recorded about this incident with a lot of
comment from the pilots involved. If I can get hold of an analogue TV
adaptor for my PC, I'll digitise it and send it over.

That would be great, Paul. Thanks!
--
Jay Honeck
Iowa City, IA

Old September 7th 04, 12:59 PM
Jay Honeck

What the hell is the fake bird ad for the Ford Ka doing there?

It does have a very tenuous flying connection, and it is hilarious.

It is the sickest, most warped advertisement I've ever seen. It truly makes
me wonder about European consumers, if this ad actually works to sell cars.

And, God help me, I love it! It's the funniest danged thing I've ever seen.

;-)
--
Jay Honeck
Iowa City, IA

Old September 7th 04, 01:00 PM
Jay Honeck

May I suggest that 'Cool Videos' might give the wrong impression, when
quite
a few people die in the incidents depicted?

Good point.

The "Cool Videos" title pre-dates many of the tragic videos that are now on
that page. I shall change it to something more appropriate when I get a
minute.
--
Jay Honeck
Iowa City, IA

Old September 7th 04, 04:50 PM
Paul Sengupta

"Jay Honeck" wrote in message
What the hell is the fake bird ad for the Ford Ka doing there?

It does have a very tenuous flying connection, and it is hilarious.

It is the sickest, most warped advertisement I've ever seen.

Apart from the cat one I sent you the link for...

Though that one didn't make the grade for actually being shown on TV.

It truly makes
me wonder about European consumers, if this ad actually works to sell

cars.

And, God help me, I love it! It's the funniest danged thing I've ever

seen.

Paul

Old September 7th 04, 05:26 PM
Jay Honeck

I, on the other hand, am interested in maintaining (and expanding) a very
popular page on our website, not because it nets me any money (it does
not)

Could you possibly be a little disingenuous here? You are much too
clever to have not realized how a "popular" web site might be an
advertisement for the "Inn." :-)

Although it may serve as something of an advertisement, it is -- at best --
an ineffective one.

And when you factor in the number of hours I've spent on that stupid page
(both creating it, maintaining, and helping people from all over the world
view the videos), I'd have been better off wallpapering a suite with
hundred-dollar bills...

;-)
--
Jay Honeck
Iowa City, IA

Old September 7th 04, 05:30 PM
Dudley Henriques

"Jay Honeck" wrote in message
I, on the other hand, am interested in maintaining (and expanding) a
very
popular page on our website, not because it nets me any money (it
does not)

Could you possibly be a little disingenuous here? You are much too
clever to have not realized how a "popular" web site might be an
advertisement for the "Inn." :-)

Although it may serve as something of an advertisement, it is -- at
best -- an ineffective one.

And when you factor in the number of hours I've spent on that stupid
page (both creating it, maintaining, and helping people from all over
the world view the videos), I'd have been better off wallpapering a
suite with hundred-dollar bills...

;-)

Yes, but it's the THOUGHT that counts though, doesn't it?

"Cool Videos" is just the right term to pick for depicting people dying
in airplane crashes.....why it's JUST the thing for a guy who's
everyone's equal in the 'ethics" department!!
Dudley Henriques
International Fighter Pilots Fellowship

Old September 7th 04, 07:57 PM
Jay Honeck

"Cool Videos" is just the right term to pick for depicting people dying in
airplane crashes.....why it's JUST the thing for a guy who's everyone's
equal in the 'ethics" department!!

This issue has already been addressed in other posts in both threads. You
might consider checking them out before shooting off your electronic mouth.

However, for your sake I'll reiterate the point: The "Cool Videos" page
name pre-dates most of the videos. When I started the page, it WAS just cool
videos, with aerobatics, supersonic passes, and landings in Iowa City
depicted.

Over time, the page has grown to include accidents, miscalculations, and
mechanical failures, as well as video of the 9/11 attacks on the World Trade
Center.

As I stated earlier, the point (already made by an earlier poster) is well
taken, and I will be changing the name of the page to something more

Old September 7th 04, 08:00 PM
Shiver Me Timbers

Dudley Henriques wrote:

"Cool Videos" is just the right term to pick for depicting people dying
in airplane crashes.....why it's JUST the thing for a guy who's
everyone's equal in the 'ethics" department!!

TO THE GROUP..... Regarding Iwan Bogels"

Michael wrote:

As it is, you have a freak show and little else.

For the last number of days Iwan Bogels"
has crossposted the same or similar message into a variety of
groups like this inviting you to visit his site, and view his videos,
so that you may become educated, and learn from the mistakes
of others.

In the piloting newsgroups he has been trying to justify his freakshow
with a number of the regulars who surprising enough for the most part
didn't see all that much wrong with it.

For the groups information.

A few years ago when the reality TV programs started to hit the air,
there was someone named Jeremy Peevers ( I believe ) and others
who were posting to the aviation newsgroups looking for footage
similar to what Mr. Bogels is showing on his website.

In the rec.aviation.homebuilt, and rec.aviation.rotorcraft groups
(where I generally lurk) they were basically told to **** off by the
majority or regulars who were offended that someone was looking for
death and destruction videos so they could be shown of national TV for
a profit under the guise of entertainment.

I personally asked on numerous times (in the group) if Real TV would be
interested in clear, well lit, sharply focused, footage of a young girl
being decapitated by a helicopter rotor and how much they would be
willing to pay.

That usually shut them up.

They didn't want videos of people out actually enjoying a day at the
airport, with shots of airplanes taking off, flying and landing.

They wanted videos of total destruction, fireballs, cartwheels,
well ........ you get the picture.

The other day Iwan Bogels" crossposted
his message into this set of newsgroups looking for hits to his site.

alt.disasters.aviation, fr.rec.aviation, rec.aviation.military,
rec.aviation.piloting, rec.aviation.soaring

Yesterday he decided to crosspost his message into this set of
newsgroups.

alt.aviation.safety, aus.aviation, rec.aviation.homebuilt,
rec.aviation.ifr, rec.aviation.student

And today he is crosspoting to this set of newsgroups

rec.aviation.rotorcraft, rec.aviation.student, rec.models.rc.helicopter

God knows where he will be tomorrow.

I'm certainly not telling anybody what they should or shouldn't look at
on the Web but let's not delude ourselves into believing the pitch from
Mr. Bogels this his site is for educational purposes so that pilots,
etc., can learn from the mistakes of others by watching these videos.

As another poster has stated..... And I am quoting him below.

As it is, you have a freak show and little else.

Mr. Bogel...... In my humble opinion the above quoted statement is
hitting the nail squarly on the head and you can dress your site up any
way you want, and explain anyway you want.... but in my opinion you
are promoting a freak show site and nothing else.
Old September 7th 04, 08:58 PM
Dudley Henriques

"Jay Honeck" wrote in message
[...]

Well, I'll give you this much Honek. I missed your "cool" sign for some
reason the first time I checked out your site and posted back on your
"request" that I join you in "changing" things I've already been
changing for the last fifty years; not realizing that sign was there. My
mistake!
I don't give a rat's ass how many posts have addressed this issue. One
fact remains for me when dealing with you on this, and that is the
simple fact that of all the titles you could have used for a site
showing people dying in airplanes you actively thought about it and
CHOSE the phrase "COOL".
Then, knowing you had this heading on your site on top of these people
dying in crashes, you had the audacity to engage someone who has spent
a lifetime in flight safety and has been published all over the world on
the subject who's dealing with another moron with a "crashes that are
"cool" to watch site, and state that you have ethical equivalence;
all the time knowing your site is geared to steering people toward you
pushing a ****ing hotel for profit.
Get lost you GD creep and if you still believe that picking the heading
"COOL" for that ****ing site was a good idea, you just leave it there
while I steer every GD contact I have in the aviation world over there
to see it with my comments added for flavor!

Old September 7th 04, 09:01 PM
Dudley Henriques

Thank you for posting this. On these groups it probably won't change
anything, but thank you anyway.