Aviation crash videos on-line

Old September 7th 04, 09:10 PM
Dudley Henriques

"Dudley Henriques" wrote in message
nk.net...

"Jay Honeck" wrote in message
news:gwn%c.19949$vy.3595@attbi_s52...

However, for your sake I'll reiterate the point: The "Cool Videos"
page name pre-dates most of the videos. When I started the page, it
WAS just cool videos, with aerobatics, supersonic passes, and
landings
in Iowa City depicted.

Over time, the page has grown to include accidents, miscalculations,
and mechanical failures, as well as video of the 9/11 attacks on the
World Trade Center.

Give me a ****ing break Honek. You HAD to know this heading was there
when you added these pictures of people being killed, ESPECIALLY the WTC
stuff! Who the hell do you think you're kidding anyway?
Regardless of how you started this site, adding death and dying to it
without changing that heading only tells me one thing as a thinking
person; you either did it knowingly, or by not realizing how this would
read to a normal person, you are way too stupid to fly a ****ing
airplane. Give it up before you become one of your own videos.! Oh
yeah.....that would be "COOL" wouldn't it???
You ****ing moron!
Dudley Henriques
International Fighter Pilots Fellowship

Old September 7th 04, 09:32 PM
Dudley Henriques

As I stated earlier, the point (already made by an earlier poster) is
well
taken, and I will be changing the name of the page to something more
appropriate when I get a minute.

Hey asshole; you forgot and left the word "enjoy" on the site. You might
consider getting rid of that as well. "Enjoying" people dying is just as
bad as viewing it as "cool"...to normal people anyway!

Old September 7th 04, 09:41 PM
Shiver Me Timbers

Jay Honeck wrote:

I will be changing the name of the page to something more
appropriate when I get a minute.

Jay with all due respect it's not the name.

You can call it anything you want.

I know you and I don't see eye to eye - But in my opinion you
have sunk to a new low for which you should be ashamed of.

Your in this newsgroup every day as an INNKEEPER, who is a pilot,
and you are here daily to actively promoting your business. That's
why you always have your business addy as part of your SIG file.

When I visit your website and click on the COOL STUFF link the heading
of the page says this.

The Alexis Park Inn & Suites is far more than a hotel!**
In many ways we are more like an aviator's dream come true,
with historical memorabilia, photos, and collectibles literally EVERYWHERE.**
Over time we have become nearly equal parts museum and hotel! **

*
Click the links below to see more information about the inn, as well as to
view some really cool aviation stuff...

Not everyone who visits your website is into aviation Jay.

I gotta tell you that posting a bunch of pictures of airplanes sent to
you by aviation enthusiasts is one thing and in the overall scheme of
things will offend nobody.

Posting videos of crashes where people are being killed at that instant
is quite something else.

I would think that the American families of those innocent passengers
on that fatefull flight of the B-52 that cartwheeled into the ground
because of the stupidity and arrogance of the pilot, may be getting
just a little tired of running into that piece of video when they
happen to be surfing the web looking for something totally unrelated,
like a room to rent in IOWA City ......

Don't you.....???????????

In my opinion there is absolutely no difference between you as an
INNKEEPER promoting your business here with death videos and that
guy promoting the aircrash video site over in Europe, who has been
spamming his message about educational videos into a dozen
newsgroups these past few weeks.

Please tell the group..... your peers and friends, as well as the rest
of us from around the world, just why you feel it is necessary to show
a laser guided bomb killing a bunch of people on the ground, some of
whom might be just absoluty innocent bystanders, and just how that
promotes your business which is renting rooms to the general public.

When someone visits your website looking for general information as to
what sort of services you provide, is the below quoted message really
the message that you want any potential customers to get.

This incredible video, taken from an F-16 that is dropping a 500 lb.bomb
on a safe-house in Fallujah, Iraq, shows how flexible and precise laser-guided
munitions have become.* As the house is targeted, and the bomb in en route,
dozens of insurgents run outside, on their way to join a nearby battle against
U.S. Marines.** The pilot moves his laser-designator onto these new, moving
targets -- with impressive results.*

Get as mad as you want Jay...... and call me anything you want, but ask
yourself this one question.

Is business really that good, that as an INNKEEPER you can afford to
offend even one potential customer, who after viewing what your posting
on your website, will decide to take their business to another hotel.
Old September 7th 04, 11:26 PM
mike regish

Actually, it was the autoland feature that crashed that plane. The computer
wouldn't let the pilot go around.

mike regish

"John Mullen" wrote in message
"Jay Honeck" wrote in message

The Airbus crash was nothing to do with the FBW system, except in the

sense
that the pilots trusted overmuch in it to keep them from crashing. It was
also not the first fully automatic aircraft, or whatever the exact form of
words you use are. Basically they flew too slow and low and their planning
was poor.

What the hell is the fake bird ad for the Ford Ka doing there?

Respectfully yours

John Mullen

Old September 8th 04, 12:35 AM
mike regish

As much as I disagree with Jay about politics, I've got to congratulate him
on getting Dudley to break the cuss barrier.

Way to go Jay! :-) 3 in a row!!!

Old September 8th 04, 01:02 AM
G.R. Patterson III

Iwan Bogels wrote:

Dear Dudley,

I notice that you only reply to the few parts of messages of which you FEEL
to have the right on your side.

This is calledf "cutting". You REALLY ought to learn to do it yourself.

George Patterson
If you want to know God's opinion of money, just look at the people
he gives it to.
Old September 8th 04, 01:51 AM
Dudley Henriques

"mike regish" wrote in message
As much as I disagree with Jay about politics, I've got to
congratulate him
on getting Dudley to break the cuss barrier.

Way to go Jay! :-) 3 in a row!!!

That's just the tip of this iceberg.

Take a look at his post asking me to make comment on his website on each
accident to "help flight safety".
Christ, I lecture all over the damn world on flight safety. I'm
published internationally on the subject. I'm a professional pilot who
has taken an active role in airshow safety for over fifty years. In
other words I'm a bit known in this area.
If I hadn't noticed the "cool" and "enjoy" on his GD site and posted on
it with my name and noticed that afterwards, I can guarantee you that at
least several dozen VERY angry people from various venues of the
professional aviation world including the military fighter community,
the test pilot community, the air race community, AND the air show
community would have marched into his GD hotel office one sunny morning
along with me politely asking as a group that he take my damn name off
his GD web site.
He's damn lucky I caught it, and you can take that one to the bank!

Old September 8th 04, 03:18 AM
Jay Honeck

In my opinion there is absolutely no difference between you as an
INNKEEPER promoting your business here with death videos and that
guy promoting the aircrash video site over in Europe, who has been
spamming his message about educational videos into a dozen
newsgroups these past few weeks.

Think what you will. I receive more positive feedback from that video page
than from any other single page on our website, with the exception of the
Rogue's Gallery.

Please tell the group..... your peers and friends, as well as the rest
of us from around the world, just why you feel it is necessary to show
a laser guided bomb killing a bunch of people on the ground, some of
whom might be just absoluty innocent bystanders, and just how that
promotes your business which is renting rooms to the general public.

My business is secondary to my love of aviation -- plain and simple. If I
wanted to make a lot of money, I wouldn't have sold my last two businesses.

I personally find all aviation videos fascinating, and educational. I also
like to showcase the amazing technological capabilities of our new military
hardware. That video is amazing, fascinating, and educational.

To address your point, the odds of a casual hotel-hunter actually digging
down three levels into the menu system of our webpage to find ANY of my
extraneous pages (I.E.: Videos, the Rogue's Gallery; pictures from Oshkosh;
etc.) are virtually nil.

In fact, the ONLY people I know that have found the video page are pilots
and aviation enthusiasts.

I would think that the American families of those innocent passengers
on that fatefull flight of the B-52 that cartwheeled into the ground
because of the stupidity and arrogance of the pilot, may be getting
just a little tired of running into that piece of video when they
happen to be surfing the web looking for something totally unrelated,
like a room to rent in IOWA City ......

Personally, if one of my family members was killed by the arrogant idiot who
was piloting that B-52, I would want every person in America to see it,
every damned day. I can think of no greater punishment for the so-called
pilot who killed those innocent people.

But that's just me, I guess.

Get as mad as you want Jay...... and call me anything you want, but ask
yourself this one question.

Is business really that good, that as an INNKEEPER you can afford to
offend even one potential customer, who after viewing what your posting
on your website, will decide to take their business to another hotel.

It doesn't work that way, and I won't get mad at you -- but if it did work
that way the answer to your question would be "yes."

Go to Yahoo. Type "Iowa City Hotel" into the search screen. See which of
the zillion hotels in our area pops up as Number One at the top of the list,
at the very top of the page.

You may find it amazing that a tiny, independent, non-chain hotel can be
rated most popular in the area, ahead of the Sheraton's and Holiday Inn's,
no? Well, outstanding service + outstanding rates + outstanding aviation
theme suites = success. We do whatever it takes to make sure our guests are
supremely pampered, and it shows in our bottom line.

It ain't rocket science, and a video page of unique and fascinating aviation
videos isn't going to change that equation one way or the other.
--
Jay Honeck
Iowa City, IA

Old September 8th 04, 03:53 AM
Jay Honeck

Well, I'll give you this much Honek. I missed your "cool" sign for some
reason the first time I checked out your site and posted back on your
"request" that I join you in "changing" things I've already been
changing for the last fifty years; not realizing that sign was there. My
mistake!
I don't give a rat's ass how many posts have addressed this issue. One
fact remains for me when dealing with you on this, and that is the
simple fact that of all the titles you could have used for a site
showing people dying in airplanes you actively thought about it and
CHOSE the phrase "COOL".

You know, Dud, your hypocrisy is really starting to irk me.

1. I've tried to spoon-feed you the explanation for how the page -- an
insignificant page in a gigantic website -- evolved from "cool" videos to
what it is today -- an explanation you have disdained.

2. I have given you every opportunity to explain your ethical (and bizarre)
opposition to the viewing of these videos -- which you have refused to do.

3. I have put up with your condescending tone and sanctimonious attitude --
despite the fact that you quite obviously don't have a clue what you're
talking about.

4. Despite all this, I EVEN GAVE YOU THE CHANCE TO PUT YOUR PERSONAL
IMPRIMATUR ON EACH GOD DAMNED VIDEO, so that they would be truly "safety
oriented" -- an action which you decided you were not qualified to perform.

I have exercised extreme patience with someone I thought was worthy of
admiration and honor over the last several years, hoping that perhaps logic
and good spirits would prevail over irrationality and surliness.

Now you have the audacity and impudence to insult and threaten me, in this
public forum (AND in private email)?

At last your true colors are showing, sir. What a shame.
--
Jay Honeck
Iowa City, IA

Old September 8th 04, 04:17 AM
Morgans

"Jay Honeck" wrote in message
I have a half hour programme recorded about this incident with a lot of
comment from the pilots involved. If I can get hold of an analogue TV
adaptor for my PC, I'll digitise it and send it over.

That would be great, Paul. Thanks!
--
Jay Honeck

Another choice is to take the tape over to a local community college, and
see if they can convert it for you. Most of the better ones have the
equipment, and are glad to do it for a 12 pack of soda pop (or something)
--
Jim in NC

---