Time-lapse of soaring club launch operation

Old May 13th 12, 04:54 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Paul Remde

Default Time-lapse of soaring club launch operation

Hi,

Today I took a fun video showing the launch operation at the Minnesota
soaring club on May 12, 2012 from about 11 AM to 3:15 PM. It is much more
fun flying gliders than it would appear from the video.

It turned out to be a pretty good soaring day despite the lack of cumulus
clouds. Fred Hewitt and I flew the DG-1000S 2-seat sailplane around a 100 km
triangle course in an attempt to set a state soaring record. We got somewhat
low on the 2nd leg of the course which slowed us down. So, no record today.
But it was a beautiful day with strong lift - and sink. What fun!

I setup my Nikon D800 to take 1 photo every 5 seconds. The battery lasted
long enough to get 1 minute and 42 seconds of movie when played back at 30
frames/second. That comes to 3060 photos at 1080p HD resolution taken over a
period of 4 hours and 15 minutes. I used a Nikon AF Fisheye Nikkor 16 mm
1:2.8 D lens. I love watching the clouds in the video. I can't wait to try
again on a day with cumulus clouds.

You can see it he
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fgykLPczVzU

Good Soaring,

Paul Remde

Old May 13th 12, 09:21 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Gilbert Smith[_2_]

"Paul Remde" wrote:

[...]

.... and not a strut in sight.
Old May 14th 12, 01:01 AM
Warren Cramer Warren Cramer is offline
Junior Member

Cool video!

Time-lapse is a lot of fun, I was thinking it would be interesting to do a time-lapse of glider(s) assembling.
Old May 14th 12, 02:21 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Paul Remde

"Gilbert Smith" wrote in message
"Paul Remde" wrote:

[...]

Huh?