Microsoft FSX Real-Life Weather

Old October 27th 07, 06:21 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Mxsmanic

Default Microsoft FSX Real-Life Weather

ManhattanMan writes:

No problem for Mx - he also has conversations with HIMSELF on usenet.....

Actually, if you are flying an aircraft that requires two pilots, flying alone
keeps you exceptionally busy. It can become a bit nerve-wracking during
critical phases of flight.
Old October 27th 07, 06:23 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Mxsmanic

Wolfgang Schwanke writes:

If you fly that much you should buy a plane which will bring costs
down.

I fly a Baron in simulation. That's about $1.9 million to buy. And I also
fly a 737 and 747; those are around $135 million and $280 million,
respectively.

But you'll have a hard time flying 700 hrs in a year. That is
about 1/2 of all the VMC hours there are in northern Europe.

In simulation, I fly in the Great American Southwest, which is VMC almost
every day of the year.

Admittedly, but presumably not very much so. I was giving rough
estimates anyway.

From my standpoint, $132,000 isn't really any better than $250,000.

No, but you'll reach the break even point pretty quickly. I find
membership fees equivalent to 1 hour per 3 months or so, negligible
compared to the hours you quote.

Can you fly 747s at the club?
Old October 27th 07, 06:30 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Bertie the Bunyip[_19_]

Mxsmanic wrote in
:

ManhattanMan writes:

No problem for Mx - he also has conversations with HIMSELF on
usenet.....

Actually, if you are flying an aircraft that requires two pilots,
flying alone keeps you exceptionally busy. It can become a bit
nerve-wracking during critical phases of flight.

How would you know, fjukkwit?

You don't fly.

Bertie

Old October 27th 07, 06:32 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Bertie the Bunyip[_19_]

Mxsmanic wrote in
:

Wolfgang Schwanke writes:

If you fly that much you should buy a plane which will bring costs
down.

I fly a Baron in simulation.

No, you don't.

That's about $1.9 million to buy.

No, it isn't.

And I
also fly a 737 and 747;

No, you don't.

those are around $135 million and $280
million, respectively.

No they aren;t.

But you'll have a hard time flying 700 hrs in a year.

No, I don;t.

That is
about 1/2 of all the VMC hours there are in northern Europe.

No, it isn't.

In simulation, I fly in the Great American Southwest,

No you don't.

which is VMC
almost every day of the year.

No, it isn't.

Admittedly, but presumably not very much so. I was giving rough
estimates anyway.

From my standpoint, $132,000 isn't really any better than $250,000.

You're an idiot.

No, but you'll reach the break even point pretty quickly. I find
membership fees equivalent to 1 hour per 3 months or so, negligible
compared to the hours you quote.

Can you fly 747s at the club?

I can! It's a pretty exclusive club, though.

We don't let fjukktards in.

Bertie

Old October 27th 07, 08:46 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
george

On Oct 27, 6:32 pm, Bertie the Bunyip wrote:
Mxsmanic wrote :

Can you fly 747s at the club?

I can! It's a pretty exclusive club, though.

Makes you wonder how mixedup doesn't know just what you need to join
that exclusive club.

Or that you get paid to be there (until you fail a medical)

Old October 27th 07, 08:52 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Bertie the Bunyip[_19_]

george wrote in
ups.com:

On Oct 27, 6:32 pm, Bertie the Bunyip wrote:
Mxsmanic wrote
:

Can you fly 747s at the club?

I can! It's a pretty exclusive club, though.

Makes you wonder how mixedup doesn't know just what you need to join
that exclusive club.

Or that you get paid to be there (until you fail a medical)

He'd have to leave his house first, of course....

bertie