Microsoft FSX Real-Life Weather

Old October 22nd 07, 10:51 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Bertie the Bunyip[_19_]

Default Microsoft FSX Real-Life Weather

Mxsmanic wrote in
:

Paul Tomblin writes:

How the **** would you know? You've never been in real life.

All I have to do is look up to compare.

Bwawhahwhahwhahwhahwhahwhahwhahhwhahwhahwhahwhhahw hahwhahwhahwhahw !

What, MSFS simulates colons now?

Bertie
Old October 22nd 07, 10:59 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Paul Tomblin

In a previous article, Mxsmanic said:
Paul Tomblin writes:
How the **** would you know? You've never been in real life.

All I have to do is look up to compare.

When you start to look *down* on clouds, we'll respect your opinion about
weather.

--
Paul Tomblin http://blog.xcski.com/
"Microsoft is a cross between the Borg and the Ferengi. Unfortunately,
Old October 23rd 07, 06:08 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Mxsmanic

Paul Tomblin writes:

When you start to look *down* on clouds, we'll respect your opinion about
weather.

I've done that, too. Your respect for my opinion (or lack thereof) is
irrelevant to me.
Old October 22nd 07, 10:31 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Morgans[_2_]

"Jay Honeck" wrote

I clicked on it, not knowing what to expect. Well, quicker than I can
check ADDS weather, Flight Simulator X had gone on-line and downloaded
the current weather at their home airport. It then incorporated this
weather into the sim, and within moments our guest was getting tossed
around in real-life turbulence, fighting a stiff, 80-degree cross wind
to land -- at his very own airport -- EXACTLY like he was about to do
in "real life". Very cool!

I know there are those here who don't think sims are very useful, but
this new (to me) feature really enhances the overall experience. And
our pilot-guest certainly agreed!

So how did they do, on landing the sim? Did they strike out for home, or
wait, and was the sim partly responsible for helping make their decision?
--
Jim in NC

Old October 23rd 07, 02:33 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Jay Honeck

So how did they do, on landing the sim? Did they strike out for home, or
wait, and was the sim partly responsible for helping make their decision?

Our guy had a tough landing in the sim (he could re-use the plane
again, but that's about it) and decided to wait it out until the wind
died down.

They departed KIOW about 4 PM, and the winds had diminished to less
than 10 knots by the time they landed in Missouri, some 2.4 hours
later. All in all, waiting was a wise move.

I don't think the sim was the reason for waiting -- this guy has been
flying for decades, and knew precisely what kind of turbulence awaited
him in the real sky. But it was good practice.
--
Jay Honeck
Iowa City, IA