Location for temperature probe in ASG 29?

Old March 27th 08, 02:58 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Tuno

Default Location for temperature probe in ASG 29?

The Walletwomper II is now safely in the back yard. The factory left
power points and the proper hole in the instrument panel for the 302,
but no pre-drilled location for the temperature probe I can find
anywhere. I'm awaiting a response from the Powers That Be, but in the
meantime, does anyone have any airworthy suggestions?

(I'm also looking for two other things -- there is no visible fuse
ballast dump handle where the FM says it should be, and I can't find
the cruise/climb flap switch for the nav doohicky behind the panel.)

tuno
Old March 27th 08, 11:46 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Andy[_1_]

On Mar 26, 7:58*pm, Tuno wrote:

You don't need a cruise/climb switch for the 302. The auto mode works
very well.

I assume your 29 has the nose hook and I'm not familiar with that, but
I would expect the probe to be protruding into the air vent duct as
far foward as possible without contact with the tow hook, rope, or
rings. You will also have to be careful that the cable run from the
sensor is clear of your feet and rudder pedals for all posible pedal
adjustment positions both with the canopy open and closed. It was not
too hard to find a good place in my 28 but I don't have the nose
hook. However and wherever you put it please think about how hard it
will be to remove it later. I had 2 probe failures in the first year
I had mine.

Can't miss the chance on this one - you don't need a dump handle
remember - just fly heavy
Old March 28th 08, 06:32 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
bumper

Running the temperature sensor and wire, from the back of the panel to the
nose inlet duct, will be easier if you install a length of plastic
"conduit". It will also serve to protect the wire and other wiring you may
want to add later.

To do this, cut a suitable length of black polyethylene tubing (1/2" drip
line tubing from Home Depot works). Cut one end at an angle and gently work
it down past the existing wiring bundle. This will allow the sensor to
easily pass through this area.

bumper

"Andy" wrote in message
On Mar 26, 7:58 pm, Tuno wrote:

You don't need a cruise/climb switch for the 302. The auto mode works
very well.

I assume your 29 has the nose hook and I'm not familiar with that, but
I would expect the probe to be protruding into the air vent duct as
far foward as possible without contact with the tow hook, rope, or
rings. You will also have to be careful that the cable run from the
sensor is clear of your feet and rudder pedals for all posible pedal
adjustment positions both with the canopy open and closed. It was not
too hard to find a good place in my 28 but I don't have the nose
hook. However and wherever you put it please think about how hard it
will be to remove it later. I had 2 probe failures in the first year
I had mine.

Can't miss the chance on this one - you don't need a dump handle
remember - just fly heavy

Outside air temperature probe dlevy Owning 9 November 7th 06 05:14 PM
Oil temperature questions Peter R. Owning 10 April 22nd 06 05:43 PM
'Room Temperature' Anthony Home Built 11 August 23rd 04 07:36 PM
temperature sensor Philippe Vessaire Home Built 2 March 3rd 04 03:37 AM
Broken line to Oil Temperature Probe, Repairable? rkane33 Owning 2 July 25th 03 03:19 AM