The HondaJet Ads

Old September 30th 05, 05:17 AM
cjcampbell

Default The HondaJet Ads

Very cool. Very slick. I see them on CNN and I want to go flying again.
Oh well. I can wait. Maybe.

Old September 30th 05, 08:11 AM
Montblack

("cjcampbell" wrote)
Very cool. Very slick. I see them on CNN and I want to go flying again. Oh
well. I can wait. Maybe.

It was a HUGE hit the 4 hours it was at OSH this year.

They flew in, had a forum on the jet's development at the Honda Pavilion
(too much PhD technical info to hold my interest for an hour), then
departed - after a few low passes over the runway.

That thing was QUIET!!!! :-)

GE is the partner with the engines. Not GE engines. Honda/GE engines.

I'm really looking forward to a side-by-side-by-side comparisons between all
the VLJ's - price, speed, fuel burn, seats, ceiling, useful load, etc. I
suspect the HondaJet will be certified pretty soon ...so long as the test
pilot doesn't land wheels up in their only prototype.

Montblack

Old September 30th 05, 02:51 PM
Flyingmonk

I'm waiting for that too! I'm buying MegaMillions by the tens every
week : -) When I hit, boy oh boy! Hehe... I'll get me one of them
things, maybe an Epic LT.

Bryan "The Monk" Chaisone

Old September 30th 05, 07:24 PM
NW_PILOT

And its a Honda so I guess it will be very reliable and when it dose break
no one will be able to work on it. I also wonder at the A&P Pay Grade if
they will be able to afford the special Honda training classes that may be
required to work at an authorized Honda service station.

("cjcampbell" wrote)

Old October 1st 05, 06:00 AM
cjcampbell

NW_PILOT wrote:
And its a Honda so I guess it will be very reliable and when it dose break
no one will be able to work on it. I also wonder at the A&P Pay Grade if
they will be able to afford the special Honda training classes that may be
required to work at an authorized Honda service station.

smirk

Getting back to the ad, though, I really like the tagline: "We've
always had wings (focusing on the wing logo on a Honda motorcycle). Now
we're flying."

Old October 1st 05, 07:01 AM
Flyingmonk

"We've always had wings (focusing on the wing logo on a Honda motorcycle). Now we're flying."

I like that...

Now, Mitsubishi made the Zeroes, I'm wondering why they're not making
aircrafts before Honda. BMW also made aircrafts, why are they not
getting into it again? I know that people have put their motorcycle
engines on homebuilts, but BMW are not supporting it.

I hope they get back into avaition again (Mitsubishi and BMW) more
sompetition will lower prices and add more selections for all of us.

Bryan "The Monk" Chaisone

Old October 1st 05, 07:35 AM
cjcampbell

Flyingmonk wrote:
"We've always had wings (focusing on the wing logo on a Honda motorcycle). Now we're flying."

I like that...

Now, Mitsubishi made the Zeroes, I'm wondering why they're not making
aircrafts before Honda. BMW also made aircrafts, why are they not
getting into it again?

Actually, BMW started out making aircraft engines (hence their logo is
a stylized propeller), but they never made complete aircraft.

Old October 1st 05, 09:58 AM
Peter Duniho

"Flyingmonk" wrote in message
ups.com...
Now, Mitsubishi made the Zeroes, I'm wondering why they're not making
aircrafts before Honda.

Huh? Not only did they, we even have a newsgroup participant here flying
one of their planes.

Old October 1st 05, 10:31 AM
Martin Hotze

On 30 Sep 2005 22:00:30 -0700, cjcampbell wrote:

Getting back to the ad, though, I really like the tagline: "We've
always had wings (focusing on the wing logo on a Honda motorcycle). Now
we're flying."

FYI: the ad can be seen he http://world.honda.com/jet/

#m

--
Either you are with us, or you are with the terrorists.
http://www.whitehouse.gov/news/releases/2001/09/20010920-8.html
Old October 1st 05, 03:17 PM
Larry Dighera

On Sat, 01 Oct 2005 11:31:49 +0200, Martin Hotze
wrote in
::

FYI: the ad can be seen he http://world.honda.com/jet/

Many thanks for the link.

In addition to the Honda Jet adds, the ASIMO videos are impressive
also.