Buy Glider without looking

Old December 7th 17, 01:28 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Tango Whisky

Default Buy Glider without looking

Le jeudi 7 décembre 2017 12:31:08 UTC+1, a écrit*:
If anyone is truly sure they are being scammed then why not play with the prospective buyer a little. I was selling an item, non gliding related, and suspected I was being scammed. So I told the buyer that the gonculator valve was acting up and would need to be replaced and that also the intermittent relay diode regulator did not work either. Buddy was OK with these and would replace them when he received the item.

I remember a story where some guy took up the challenge and actually made the scammer pay him hundred dollars.
Old December 7th 17, 03:02 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
OHM Ω http://aviation.derosaweb.net

Here is an entertaining "turning the tables on a scammer" article for your reading enjoyment.

I cannot even believe what they were able to get this scammer to do.

http://419eater.com/html/okorie.htm

Old December 7th 17, 03:33 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Quietpilot

truly entertaining stories.
http://419eater.com/html/SkeletonCoast/
and
http://419eater.com/html/RoadToChadDarfur/ are my favorites.
Old December 9th 17, 10:14 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
[email protected]

On Wednesday, December 6, 2017 at 6:26:52 AM UTC-5, Casey wrote:
Has anyone every sold a glider without the buyer looking at it?

I have my glider listed for sell and the guy is buying without looking at it and sending a cashiers check and arranging shipping....sound familiar.

Casey

Maybe I missing something but not sure why your worried about scam.

You have the glider. The buyer is sending you a cashier's check and arranging for shipping.

Therefore, you can cash the check before the bill of sale is signed and the glider is shipped.

So you get your money and he gets the glider.

Did i miss something?
Old December 9th 17, 10:41 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
[email protected]

Banks sometimes take weeks to realize the cashiers check is bogus. Then they want their money back.

Old Yesterday, 03:36 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
2G

On Saturday, December 9, 2017 at 1:14:47 PM UTC-8, wrote:
On Wednesday, December 6, 2017 at 6:26:52 AM UTC-5, Casey wrote:
Has anyone every sold a glider without the buyer looking at it?

I have my glider listed for sell and the guy is buying without looking at it and sending a cashiers check and arranging shipping....sound familiar.

Casey

Maybe I missing something but not sure why your worried about scam.

You have the glider. The buyer is sending you a cashier's check and arranging for shipping.

Therefore, you can cash the check before the bill of sale is signed and the glider is shipped.

So you get your money and he gets the glider.

Did i miss something?

Yeah, you missed about $100k or so. To review, cashier's checks can be FORGED. That means they are NO GOOD. Got it now?

Tom
Old Yesterday, 02:19 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
[email protected]

Maybe I missing something but not sure why your worried about scam.

You have the glider. The buyer is sending you a cashier's check and arranging for shipping.

Therefore, you can cash the check before the bill of sale is signed and the glider is shipped.

So you get your money and he gets the glider.

Did i miss something?

Only one of the oldest scams since the internet was invented. ;-)