Inreach best way to mount?

Old April 4th 14, 11:13 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
joesimmers[_2_]

Default Inreach best way to mount?

Just got an inreach and trying to figure out a decent
way to mount it on my parachute strap.

Always had my spot duct taped to a safe area on my parachute
harness but that will not work with the inreach.

I prefer to have inreach and plb both connected to the parachute,
but am not completely against securing the inreach to the glider
and keeping the plb on the chute.

How are others mounting these?
Old April 5th 14, 01:46 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Dan Marotta

My wife found a perfectly sized zipper case at REI. It has a clip which
locks it securely to the harness. Just find a cell phone case with good
mounting hardware/straps. I found this on Amazon in under 30 seconds:
http://www.amazon.com/Weatherproof-C...ne+zipper+case

Good luck!

Old April 5th 14, 02:00 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Peter von Tresckow

joesimmers wrote:
Just got an inreach and trying to figure out a decent
way to mount it on my parachute strap.

Always had my spot duct taped to a safe area on my parachute
harness but that will not work with the inreach.

I prefer to have inreach and plb both connected to the parachute,
but am not completely against securing the inreach to the glider
and keeping the plb on the chute.

How are others mounting these?

I am using on of the SMAK packs that Allen Sver sells for my spot. Not that
expensive and a nice design.

Peter
Old April 5th 14, 02:22 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

On Friday, April 4, 2014 6:00:00 PM UTC-7, vontresc wrote:
joesimmers wrote:

Just got an inreach and trying to figure out a decent
way to mount it on my parachute strap.

Always had my spot duct taped to a safe area on my parachute
harness but that will not work with the inreach

I prefer to have inreach and plb both connected to the parachute,
but am not completely against securing the inreach to the glider
and keeping the plb on the chute
How are others mounting these?

I am using on of the SMAK packs that Allen Sver sells for my spot. Not that
expensive and a nice design.

Peter

SMAK Pack for me - fits the InReach perfectly and and it's designed by a professional parachute rigger so you can have confidence that it won't get in the way of an important part of your parachute at the wrong time. It also has a hook knife that's super easy to access. I've never been dragged by a parachute, but I don't think I'd enjoy the experience.

http://www.silverparachutes.com/smak-pak-survival-kits/

9B
Old April 5th 14, 04:01 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Ramy[_2_]

Delorme sells a pouch for InReach. I believe both williams and Cumulus Soaring sells it. I got mine from Williams Soaring Center. Works well since it allows you to see the screen and use the buttons. It comes with a rotating clip.

Ramy
Old April 5th 14, 12:16 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
JS

A mounting suggestion.
Next time the parachute is repacked, have your rigger sew on a hard point on the harness. On the Mini Softies there's a flap over the risers, which is a perfect place. Puts the device where it can see the sky, and won't interfere with parachute deployment.
Jim
Old April 5th 14, 12:42 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
joesimmers[_2_]

Ramy, when you use the delorme case, are you sewing the case to your chute strap?

How exactly are you securing the case to your straps?

I am due for a chute repack so will have my rigger look at it and get his advice.

Thanks for the suggestions everyone!
Old April 5th 14, 03:34 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Ramy[_2_]

I simply secure it with a Velcro straps around the parachute strap where it can not interfere with deployment. I guess you can do the same with duct tape to secure the pouch more.

Ramy

InReach Aviation Plan Ramy[_2_] Soaring 8 March 27th 14 03:43 AM
DeLorme InReach info Sean F (F2) Soaring 2 July 12th 13 03:17 PM
What device to use with the InReach? Eric Greenwell[_4_] Soaring 17 March 19th 13 04:54 AM
DeLorme inReach Paul Remde Soaring 8 February 12th 13 07:26 PM
Any user reports on Delorme Inreach? Steve Koerner Soaring 8 March 16th 12 06:51 PM