I give up, after many, many years!

Old May 14th 08, 06:20 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,alt.usenet.kooks
Bertie the Bunyip[_25_]

Default I give up, after many, many years!

"Maxwell" luv2^fly99@cox.^net wrote in news:cwnWj.42279$KJ1.26529
@newsfe19.lga:

"Bertie the Bunyip" wrote in message
.. .
tman inv@lid wrote in
:

F. Baum wrote:
On May 11, 7:29 pm, Shirl wrote:

The thing I dont get about this list is how everything turns
argumentitive after about a dozen posts on a thread. I dont get

Totally disagree with that one FB. You are way off base here. Let

me
start by saying that not _everything_ turns arg after about a dozen
posts -- if only there was one that did not.

You're just trying to start an argument now.

Bertie

Why, because is disagreed with you?

Whoosh.

(Insert lame IKYABWAI lame here, Maxie)

Bertie
Old May 14th 08, 06:21 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,alt.usenet.kooks
Bertie the Bunyip[_25_]

"Maxwell" luv2^fly99@cox.^net wrote in news:atnWj.42276$KJ1.16744
@newsfe19.lga:

"Bertie the Bunyip" wrote in message

I was! It's a fukkin joke!

Bertie

Nah, you're the ****ing joke.

Well, almost, i'm the ****ing joker.

Bertie
Old May 14th 08, 06:25 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Bertie the Bunyip[_24_]

"Maxwell" luv2^fly99@cox.^net wrote in
:

"Dudley Henriques" wrote in message
All can be said to be true at any given moment in time.
The bottom line on Usenet as I see it anyway, is in how the
individual sees his/her own interaction with the venue.
When it's all said and done, it will be only this interpretation that
defines the Usenet experience for a specific user.
I agree that it's confusing, and difficult to define; hence this
exchange as an example.
The main thing is that individuals be allowed to express opinion
without attack, but as I'm sure each of us is aware, difficult to
achieve on a consistent basis.
Anyone posting to Usenet for any length of time will eventually be
attacked and most likely assume an online posture more aggressive
than that experienced in everyday life.
The exact placing of the blame for this phenomenon remains for me
anyway, extremely difficult to define clearly and to an exact answer.

--
Dudley Henriques

Geez, what a crock.

Geez what a ****.

Bertie
Old May 14th 08, 06:54 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,alt.usenet.kooks
Bertie the Bunyip[_25_]

HARRY POTTER wrote in
:

Maxwell wrote:

Very well said Jim. I often disagree with you, but today is not one
of those times.

It amazes me how many otherwise sensible people, continue to enable
not only Mx, but Bertie as well, by supplying them with STRAIGHT
answers.

They are literally feeding the trolls. It causes me to seriously
consider the agenda of anyone that does so.

I agree with you on Bertie, but not MX. I honestly think MX posts here
because he genuinely wants to learn about piloting. All his threads
starts on a reasonable tone. Its other people who turn it into a
****fest, which he then responds to. His "trolling", I feel, is mainly
caused by his frustration of the fact that people judge his opinions
solely on who he is, rather than what he posts. If people treated his
opinions like they would anybody else, he'd stop being so blatantly
obtuse.

It's like punishing a dog when it does something bad, as well as
punishing it when it does something good. After a while, the
punishment loses all meaning. People here think that by being rude to
him everytime he makes a post is going to drive him away, but all it's
doing is making him more and more bitter and dismissive of people's
criticism.

Bertie, on the other hand, reminds me of this kid I knew in middle
school whose acting up in class was largely caused by all the other
kids in the class' giggling at his antics. As long as people keep
namedropping Bertie him in their more serious threads and showing
sycophantic feelings towards him, his trolling "personality" will
continue to be positively reinforced and it'll never stop.`

mmm, yes and no, while attention is always nice, it's not central to
what I do or why I do it. I kinda thought that would be a bit more
obvious.

Bertie's trolling is caused by something completely different that
what causes MX to troll, so they need to be dealt with differently.

And good luck with that, you'll be the first.

Bertie

Old May 14th 08, 06:59 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Bertie the Bunyip[_24_]

Benjamin Dover wrote in
:

"Morgans" wrote in
:

This is not aimed at Dan, but instead, everyone that has put up a
response to the lame thread about pilot's watches, started by MX.

Don't you all have a life?

It is bad enough that people reply to MX butt-lick on real topics,

but
to respond to the most often posted, lamest thread, (since the

dreaded
down wind turn)....

I simply have no words to express my disgust.

Are you all that lonely?

What am I missing? There are some people that I respect, or used to,
that are included in this thread.

COME ON, PEOPLE ! ! ! WAKE UP ! ! !

That sucking sound is the life being drained from this group.

RESIST THE URGE TO PARTICIPATE in ANY thread that has his
participation.

I'm With Jay. I'm outta here.

It has been a nice ride; too bad a butt-lick ex-american, in paris,
has the ability to destroy a great forum.

Wake up. I won't be the last to leave, I'm sure.

Last one out, turn out the lights.

Sigh.

It's fun to kick MXSmoron around.

Voila, it's been said.

Bertie
Old May 14th 08, 08:19 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Bertie the Bunyip[_24_]

HARRY POTTER wrote in
:

Bertie the Bunyip wrote:

mmm, yes and no, while attention is always nice, it's not central to
what I do or why I do it. I kinda thought that would be a bit more
obvious.

Then why DO you do it? How exactly do you get satisfaction out of
making 100 pointless oneliners every day to many people who don't even
reply back? I have not seen MX, Jay Honeck, or many others reply to a
single one of your "trolls" (or whatever you prefer to call them), yet
you still persist. Can't you just think of these witty things to say,
but instead of posting them, keep them to yourself? Will you at least
agree than by posting all the time, you're genuinely decreasing the
quality of this group as a whole? Is that what motivates you? Knowing
you're making it hard for others to enjoy this group? Or is it because
you think by "ribbing" the undesirable people, you active as a voice
that speaks on the behalf of the rest of the group? I'm honestly
curious.

Well, as you can see I post just like anyone else most of the time. But
when a target of oppotunity arises, well, it's just too hard to resist.
Entetaining and educational.
As to the rest, I did tell anyone who was interested to killfile me from
the start.....

Bertie

Old May 14th 08, 11:20 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
More_Flaps

On May 14, 7:03*pm, HARRY POTTER wrote:
Bertie the Bunyip wrote:

[...]

BtB really doesn't care what you think or what the group may become.
He views the entire internet as something for his amusement, which it
is of course. He delights in holding a magnifying glass to the ants
and watch them scurry as it gets hotter. That's all and he'll not
change.

my 2c

Cheers
Old May 14th 08, 11:31 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Mortimer Schnerd, RN[_2_]

Bob Fry wrote:
"ML" == Marco Leon writes:

Wow, you guys really filter-out Jay?

Wow, you really like his astonishingly ignorant off-topic posts?

I found his postings self-serving and designed to point attention to himself. I
filtered him quite a while ago. Like MX, he doesn't bother me now.

Don't like somebody's postings? Don't read them. The kill file is your friend.

--
Mortimer Schnerd, RN
mschnerdatcarolina.rr.com

Old May 14th 08, 12:48 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Bertie the Bunyip[_24_]

More_Flaps wrote in
:

.

?
Is that what motivates you? Knowing you're making it hard for others
to enjoy this group? Or is it because you think by "ribbing" the
undesirable people, you active as a voice that speaks on the behalf
of the rest of the

group? I'm honestly curious.

BtB really doesn't care what you think or what the group may become.
He views the entire internet as something for his amusement, which it
is of course. He delights in holding a magnifying glass to the ants
and watch them scurry as it gets hotter. That's all and he'll not
change.

my 2c

Cheers

I woulodn't do that to ants!

Bertie
Old May 14th 08, 12:48 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Bertie the Bunyip[_24_]

More_Flaps wrote in
:

Bertie the Bunyip wrote:

[...]

Oh, allegory!

Yes,

Bertie

DC-3 parts to give away Robert Little Restoration 2 November 23rd 06 03:30 AM
Who can give a checkout? Mark S Conway General Aviation 2 May 9th 05 12:15 AM
Winch give-away KP Soaring 6 January 11th 05 08:04 PM
Did you ever give up on an IR? No Such User Piloting 24 November 26th 03 02:45 PM
FS 2004 give away Ozzie M Simulators 0 November 23rd 03 03:50 PM