Komet wheel bearing info - wanted

Old March 24th 14, 06:47 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Default Komet wheel bearing info - wanted

The bearings for my 1986 Komet III trailer are part numbers:
30206 for the inner taper bearing and
30205 for the outer taper bearing.

Apparently these parts are available through AutoZone and probably lots of others.

What I'm missing is a part number for the seal between them. Four years ago, the mechanic did a lot of careful pounding to get the old seals out in reusable shape. I would like some replacements on hand this time.

Can anyone post the part number?

Just FYI, a mechanic I spoke with said a dragging brake could be the cause of the heat issue I'm having.

RF
Old March 25th 14, 03:25 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Bastoune

RF,
Here is a link to the catalog for Knott, which is the manufacturer of the original axle. I misplaced the size of the brake assembly so you will have to find it. There should be a nameplate with a part number on the axle that can get you started.

Catalogue
http://www.knottbrake.com/pdf5/Spare...ailer_2007.pdf

or Website:
http://www.knottbrake.com/axles.html (then click on Service part catalog).

Note that the catalogue also includes the part for the tongue assembly which can become handy at some point. A Komet III should have a KR 13/7 C4 tongue. Page 86 (or 164 in the pdf) gives you the tongue spare part info.

I have not ordered parts from Knott USA just yet. I hope somebody on RAS has and can report if these parts are easy to procure from them. I don't think the seal you are looking for is available at a local auto part store.

Good luck.