Dangerous Cessna evacuates govt again

Old May 12th 05, 02:25 PM
abripl

I still don't see real logic in getting excited about a small plane
that cannot carry much but not about all sorts of cars & trucks that
can get into the area and are the prefered vehicles of terrorists.

Old May 12th 05, 02:29 PM
Gene Seibel

Nearly a million pilots in this country don't deserve to be portrayed
as potential terrorists night after night in the media either, but it
happens and I don't see any end in sight. OF COURSE, I don't actually
want to see a Cessna shot down. I'm just frustrated by the situation.
As I said in my post, I expressed a wild thought. I immediately knew I
shouldn't have.

How do we get the media, and subsequently the American people to
understand that these small airplanes are flown by our American friends
and neighbors? I give up. The only way I could see the media EVER
showing that picture is if they had to do a story on the American
family shot out of the sky. The picture they like is the pilot on the
ground surrounded by agents.

But I'd better shut up. I'm going to be very misunderstood again.
--
Gene Seibel
Hangar 131 - http://pad39a.com/gene/plane.html

Old May 12th 05, 02:38 PM
Franklin Newton

I think you've got it exactly right, the younger folks don't realize how
much the country has changed in the last 40 years and I'm sad to say not for
the better. 40 years ago, you, as an american, could walk safely anywhere in
the world because, as an american, you were respected. That is not the case
today.

"kontiki" wrote in message
Jay Beckman wrote:

We ain't the Soviet Union ... not by a damn sight.

You young guys don't have the perspective to appreciate just
how different this country is today compared to 40 years ago.

Old May 12th 05, 02:57 PM
Jose

Ha! You guys voted for these monsters, now you're whining...I love it!

I don't think the ones whining are the same ones that voted them in.
You have voting records showing otherwise?

Jose
Old May 12th 05, 02:58 PM
Ray Bengen

All I know is when I flew my Single-Engine Comanche to Europe in 2003, I
wasn't allowed to fly inside the London TMA 'cos I only had one engine.
Helo's fly over the river and have special clearances with their VFR
routes. It's the 'glide-clear' rule. Also had this :--

"You can fly over London in a Single providing you get clearance to
enter the TMA and are over 1500 feet above the tallest sructure within
1 Nm and you are high enough to land clear of any built-up area if your
engine quits."

Since 9/11, also doubtful but possible I suppose.

Not the Hudson VFR Corridor...

Ray

On Thu, 12 May 2005 08:07:07 +0000, Arketip wrote:

Ray Bengen wrote:

Small SINGLE-ENGINE planes are banned not MULTI's.
Still, it is quite ridicilous. I wonder how many people would be
suprised to know a fully-loaded Cessna 150 would bounce of the side of
the Washington Memorial...
Forget about the Statue of Liberty.
Anyhow, I think it'll be forgotten.
IMO.
On Thu, 12 May 2005 01:57:14 GMT, George Patterson

I don't know if it is a new regulation, but about 10 years ago I
overflew the city at 2400 ft, twice in one weekend, as asked by ATC, and
met plenty of ULM on the way.

Old May 12th 05, 03:24 PM
Ron Natalie

John T wrote:
Ron Natalie wrote:

The WASHINGTON Sectional and Terminal Area charts for over
a year now depict both the ADIZ and the FRX. The FRZ as well
as the expanded prohibited area over Camp David are displayed
on a white background. This is a depiction used nowhere else
in US charting.

They show the ADIZ and FRZ, but not a "no-fly zone". A "no-fly zone" is
what we imposed on Iraq. Prohibited airspace, like P-40, could be
considered a "no-fly zone", but neither the ADIZ nor FRZ are such entities.

Except for the few of us who have jumped through the hoops to get
cleared for FRZ operations, the FRZ is a "no-fly zone". Even the
IRAQ no fly zone is only prohibited to UNAUTHORIZED (i.e. Iraqi)
airplanes.
Old May 12th 05, 03:32 PM
Peter Clark

On Thu, 12 May 2005 07:46:04 -0400, Ron Natalie
wrote:

The WASHINGTON Sectional and Terminal Area charts for over
a year now depict both the ADIZ and the FRX. The FRZ as well
as the expanded prohibited area over Camp David are displayed
on a white background. This is a depiction used nowhere else
in US charting.

The New York sectional uses the same white background circle to show
what area would be in the 30NM expanded TFR around ENE when activated.

Old May 12th 05, 03:46 PM
Montblack

("Martin Hotze" wrote)
We ain't the Soviet Union ... not by a damn sight.

you're getting closer day by day.

next thing is RFID in your drivers license (to stop terrorists from
entering the country *haha*), but you have nothing to hide, so you can
have
those tags in your drivers license ... no problem. And Guantanamo Bay is
not within the US, and what your alphabet soup does to inmates in Syria
(they bring them there) is also outside the US ... sorry, I forgot, you
are
wearing the white hat.

Marty Marty Marty

The explanation that Guantanamo Bay is not on US soil, so does not need to
conform "specifically" to US laws and regulations, was fine by me.

So, whose soil is it on? Hmm ... must be Cuba. Again, fine by me.

So, what are Cuba's laws and regulations regarding detainees?

....just following the logic where it leads me.

Montblack
Loathing foreign terrorists
Fearing American Gulags

Old May 12th 05, 03:48 PM
Montblack

("Dylan Smith" wrote)
You'd have to get it within 0.5km if *airburst* to be effective - if
exploded on the ground, its destructive range would be very short (maybe
a city block) - you'd have to drive right up to the gates of the White
House.

Of course if they had the Davy Crockett launcher too, they would only
have to get within 3 miles or so.

Hello - a bunch of helium balloons and a lawn chair - for the "device" - not
to sit in. Plus a few $2.99 'wind direction' mylar balloons.

I say we march right over to rec.aviation.ballooning with our torches and
pitchforks!!

Montblack

Old May 12th 05, 03:57 PM
Larry Dighera

On Thu, 12 May 2005 08:39:21 +0200, Martin Hotze
wrote in ::

... millions of illegal crossing the borders every week ... millions?

The figures I heard were about 4,000 illegal infiltrators a night, and
an estimate of 1-million a year crossing the southern border.