A aviation & planes forum. AviationBanter

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Go Back   Home » AviationBanter forum » rec.aviation newsgroups » Soaring
Site Map Home Register Authors List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Web Partners

2015 SSA Contest Selection

Old September 1st 14, 02:08 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Jim - 77
external usenet poster

Default 2015 SSA Contest Selection

Hank,

As Rolf stated in his OP, Caesar Creek was awarded this date a YEAR AGO...why would you allow this confict to occur now......R asks WHY WHY...no good answer yet

Jim Price
Old September 1st 14, 03:44 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
[email protected]
external usenet poster

On Sunday, August 31, 2014 9:08:21 PM UTC-4, Jim - 77 wrote:
Hank,

As Rolf stated in his OP, Caesar Creek was awarded this date a YEAR AGO...why would you allow this confict to occur now......R asks WHY WHY...no good answer yet

Jim Price

I am not part of this process with the exception that, as part of the RC, I worked on putting into place the process by which Club class would become an independent class. That process has bee ongoing for several years.
The second part of that process is to break it free from Sports and place it at a venue on the opposite side of the country in rotation.
That begins next year and was implemented by the current members of the RC and contest board.
I am not active as a member of the contest board so please do not ask me why I did things that I did not do.
UH
Old September 25th 14, 07:46 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
MNLou
external usenet poster

I just read the latest SSA E-News. The Club and Sport Nats are still on the same dates.
Old September 30th 14, 02:42 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Rolf - OS
external usenet poster

Just wanted to bring this thread to an end and address the issues that have come up. First I did contact my Regional Director and he did discuss the issue at the last meeting in an informal manner. His feedback indicated that the Site selection Committee did not think there would be an impact (even though I now know of five participants that would make the trip to Hobbs; potentially impacting our contest by 10 to 20%, depending on the number of contestants). I also want to indicate that the SSA did ask us if we would object to separating Sports and Club Class. We concurred with that action; not ever thinking the dates would fall on top of one another (I suspect our response would have been different had we known).
I appreciate UH responding to some of the comments and taking some unexpected and unnecessary hits. Sean, we did look at alternate dates and felt we had picked the best possible dates to hold a Nationals within a fairly narrow band of weather and opportunity. The dates for both contests will stay the same so come on out to the best midwest soaring possible at the 2015 Sports Class Nationals at CCSC.
Rolf

PS. Does anyone know how to get rid of the (me)? It doesn't change when I modify the profile.
Old September 30th 14, 02:52 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Frank Whiteley
external usenet poster

On Monday, September 29, 2014 7:42:53 PM UTC-6, Rolf - OS wrote:
Just wanted to bring this thread to an end and address the issues that have come up. First I did contact my Regional Director and he did discuss the issue at the last meeting in an informal manner. His feedback indicated that the Site selection Committee did not think there would be an impact (even though I now know of five participants that would make the trip to Hobbs; potentially impacting our contest by 10 to 20%, depending on the number of contestants). I also want to indicate that the SSA did ask us if we would object to separating Sports and Club Class. We concurred with that action; not ever thinking the dates would fall on top of one another (I suspect our response would have been different had we known).

I appreciate UH responding to some of the comments and taking some unexpected and unnecessary hits. Sean, we did look at alternate dates and felt we had picked the best possible dates to hold a Nationals within a fairly narrow band of weather and opportunity. The dates for both contests will stay the same so come on out to the best midwest soaring possible at the 2015 Sports Class Nationals at CCSC.

Rolf

PS. Does anyone know how to get rid of the (me)? It doesn't change when I modify the profile.

WRT to using Google Groups, you see the 'me' for your posts, but we don't. I see the 'me' for my posts.

Frank Whiteley
Old September 30th 14, 04:24 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
[email protected]
external usenet poster

Rolf - Really sorry about this. A lot of moving parts are involved in scheduling all these events during the "sweet spot" of our spring/early summer soaring season and I'm sure it is difficult for everyone to coordinate. I for one would have definitely done both events (Ceasar Creek is only a few hours away from home for me) and I am bummed that the date can't be adjusted. Nationals held in the Midwest are rare things and it is really sad that I will have to miss it! It will be a great event. Ceasar Creek is a great place to fly! I'll try and get the MI boys fired up about it.

Sean
7T