Seat belts ?

Old October 3rd 14, 11:10 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Default Seat belts ?

Looking at a new set of Gadringer belts. Is single adjustable or double adjustable the preferred option?

This is for my ASW 19.

It looks like the double adjustable give a little extra length. Any downsides from anyone that has double adjustable belts?

Thanks,

Nick
Old October 3rd 14, 11:33 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Richard[_9_]

On Friday, October 3, 2014 3:10:02 PM UTC-7, wrote:
Looking at a new set of Gadringer belts. Is single adjustable or double adjustable the preferred option?

This is for my ASW 19.

It looks like the double adjustable give a little extra length. Any downsides from anyone that has double adjustable belts?

Thanks,

Nick

Consider the Davis Belts.

http://www.craggyaero.com/davis.htm

Richard
www.craggyaero.com
Old October 4th 14, 02:00 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
glidergeek

Or consider having yours rewebbed? I had belt masters in Torrance CA. do my glider belts $200, and Wag aero do 2 pair of rear seat belts for my C180 for $175.
Old October 4th 14, 05:04 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

On Friday, October 3, 2014 3:10:02 PM UTC-7, wrote:
Looking at a new set of Gadringer belts. Is single adjustable or double adjustable the preferred option?

This is for my ASW 19.

It looks like the double adjustable give a little extra length. Any downsides from anyone that has double adjustable belts?

Thanks,

Nick

I think Cumulus can get Gadringer.
If you want Schroth go to takataprotectionsystems.com and click on the restrain builder tab and go through that process. Once I did I recieved an email shortly after requesting more info. I provided it and was able to buy a new TSO'd complete belt for a VERY good price.
Old October 4th 14, 04:21 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Dave Springford

As long as the metal parts of your belts are good, I second the opinion that getting them re-webbed is a much better option than buying a new set.

I understand that Hooker Harness is another place to have them re-webbed.
http://www.hookerharness.com/aviation.php

Old October 4th 14, 05:32 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

I've looked at several options, Gadringer are the best I have come across (design, comfort. Etc.).

The original lap belt would take longer to release in an emergency than a rotary buckle so using the existing hardware is out.

My club has a ship with Davis belts, they are big and clunky.

Old October 4th 14, 06:58 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
JS

My preference is for single adjustable type, as it seems impossible to shorten the lap belts enough if there's too much sown webbing and hardware.
For the crotch strap, the single adjustment also gets rid of the buckle between your legs.
Jim
Old October 5th 14, 07:50 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

When I needed a new set for my 15B a few years back I just got Gadringers from Eastern Sailplane. The rotary release is a hell of a lot more convenient to use than the old "puzzle" style and the free end of the lap belts pull up towards the center of the cockpit to tighten instead of the way the old style required me to pull down towards the sides - much much easier to tighten the lap belts up now. They fit perfectly into the ship too. Not even very expensive, relatively speaking. A lot less than what I spent on upgrading the vario this year!

My club has a ship with Davis belts and another with Schroth. Nothing wrong with either really but I find the Gadringers to be a little bit more comfortable. Slightly less bulky and easier to adjust.

I can tell you that the Schroth belts seem pretty rugged. The set we have are in an L-23 where they live a pretty hard life.

Want To Buy - 2-33 seat belts Sam Discusflyer Soaring 4 December 4th 07 09:12 PM
Want To Buy - 2-33 seat belts Sam Discusflyer Soaring 1 December 4th 07 02:58 PM
Seat belts ASM Soaring 14 December 13th 06 12:23 AM
seat belts and restraints Bill Daniels Soaring 44 December 13th 04 11:23 AM
Seat belts. Paul Lee Home Built 0 December 18th 03 09:35 PM