New law for older airplanes?

Old May 13th 04, 02:42 AM
MT

"Bart D. Hull" wrote in message .. .
I don't know the specifics but here in Arizona they just grounded all
firefighting planes. What a joke! Just before prime fire season.

News said something about recent accidents but I don't know of any.

Could be the beginning of some real interesting precedents.

Bart D. Hull

Tempe, Arizona

I don't get the "joke", other than Ariz Gov. Napolitano trying to make
political hay out of this.

The cancellation of the firefighting contracts by the Forest Service
was due to recommendations by the NTSB, released April 23, 2004:

http://www.ntsb.gov/pressrel/2004/040423.htm

These recommendations come after finding of air tanker crashes in
2002.

In summary, there are genuine safety risks in air tanker operation
under the current inspection guidelines. Until an M&I program can be
established to address the rigors of air-drops, I think it is a good
idea to ground the aircraft. As seen in horrific videos from the
2002 crashes, lives are at risk.

Mike
Old May 13th 04, 06:37 AM
Frank Stutzman

John Galban wrote:

If this was truly Cessna and Beech's intention, wouldn't it have
been easier to just quit making parts?

Obviously you've never pulled out your wallet to buy parts from Raytheon
(Beech). On one of the Bonanza lists recently was someones tale of buying
a rear engine baffle. Had to pay something like $6000 for it, and then
wait 3 months for them to make it. In my mind this is pretty close to
stop making parts.

How doe Raytheon price their parts? They put a dollar sign in front of
the part number.

--
Frank Stutzman
Bonanza N494B "Hula Girl"

Old May 13th 04, 03:12 PM
fuji

"Frank Stutzman" wrote in message
Obviously you've never pulled out your wallet to buy parts from Raytheon
(Beech). On one of the Bonanza lists recently was someones tale of buying
a rear engine baffle. Had to pay something like $6000 for it, and then
wait 3 months for them to make it. In my mind this is pretty close to
stop making parts.

How doe Raytheon price their parts? They put a dollar sign in front of
the part number.
--
Frank Stutzman
Bonanza N494B "Hula Girl"
Hood River, OR

Well *that* explains the new part numbers being longer than the superceded
part numbers.

At least they do free shipping...

fuji
'63 Musketeer owner

Ever heard of Nearly-New Airplanes, Inc.? The Rainmaker Aviation Marketplace 1 June 23rd 04 05:08 PM
SMALLL airplanes.. BllFs6 Home Built 12 May 8th 04 12:48 PM
FS: 1990 Cracker Jack "War Time Airplanes" Minis 6-Card (CJR-3) Set J.R. Sinclair Aviation Marketplace 0 April 12th 04 05:57 AM
Raining airplanes!, next on TWC Robert Henry Instrument Flight Rules 0 July 19th 03 04:04 AM