Question Regarding 9/11 Planes...

Old April 24th 04, 03:25 AM
builderbos

Default Question Regarding 9/11 Planes...

Hi all,

I don't know anything about flying, and would like some answers from
anyone interested in responding.

For the record, I'm not here to debate this issue. I'm here for
opinions from people whom I'm assuming would know far better than I
what is a reasonable answer to this question:

It is claimed that the manouvers it took to fly the planes into the
two towers (leaving out the other planes) would've been exceptionally
difficult to perform. Some so-called professional pilots claim that
it would be very difficult to not only hit the two targets with that
degree of accuracy, but also that the turn in the air somehow elicited
some kind of excessive "G's" or whatnot (you'll have to fill in
whatever it is I heard elsewhere...I'm assuming it related to the
difficulty a human being would have to withstand the last turns at the
speeds that the plane was going at while maintaining control of the
craft, etc.).

Here's my thinking (again, as someone with zero experience)...if a
pilot can aim/land on a landing strip, why couldn't he/she aim/land in
the largest skyscrapers on the planet?

I don't see how it'd be that exceptionally difficult...but I'm very
open minded and would like to hear from those who'd know what they
think on this matter.

Thanks. I look forward to quality answers. And again, I just want an
unbiased opinion, I'm not here to argue politics or conspiracy
theories.
Old April 24th 04, 04:01 AM
Orval Fairbairn

In article ,
(builderbos) wrote:

[...]

No excessive G's. The videotapes show only small bank angles -- so no
high Gs.

Here's my thinking (again, as someone with zero experience)...if a
pilot can aim/land on a landing strip, why couldn't he/she aim/land in
the largest skyscrapers on the planet?

You are pretty much right on here.

I don't see how it'd be that exceptionally difficult...but I'm very
open minded and would like to hear from those who'd know what they
think on this matter.

It obviously wasn't that difficult.

The conspiracy theorists are usually in deep denial over some aspect of
9/11 -- Muslims over the fact that Muslim fanatics did it; USA - haters
like to think that the government did it; then we have the nuts trying
to capitalize on one psychocermic scenario or another.
Old April 24th 04, 04:29 AM
HECTOP

"Orval Fairbairn" wrote in message
news
No excessive G's. The videotapes show only small bank angles -- so no high
Gs.

that's all the videotapes captured, I've seen the second plane coming long
over the New York Harbor, can't judge the difficulty of performing such
maneuveres in a 767, but it was handled like a bitch by a master (pardon my
french). If I only knew then what he was up to: http://www.maxho.com/wtc/

HECTOP
PP-ASEL-IA
http://www.maxho.com
maxho_at_maxho.com

Old April 24th 04, 05:11 AM
Peter Gottlieb

Still chilling. While you were taking pictures I was telling people in my
office a few blocks away to leave immediately and get the heck out of
downtown. A couple of fools stayed in the area and ended up breathing a lot
of nasty dust, most fortunately left and overall we were very lucky as there
were no casualties from our office.

news

Old April 24th 04, 08:09 AM
C J Campbell

"builderbos" wrote in message
m...

It is claimed that the manouvers it took to fly the planes into the
two towers (leaving out the other planes) would've been exceptionally
difficult to perform.

That claim is made by very ignorant people.

Old April 24th 04, 10:52 AM
Cub Driver

Here's my thinking (again, as someone with zero experience)...if a
pilot can aim/land on a landing strip, why couldn't he/she aim/land in
the largest skyscrapers on the planet?

Though I've never used an airplane as a missile, I think it would be
very much easier than landing it safely.

all the best -- Dan Ford
email: (put Cubdriver in subject line)

The Warbird's Forum
www.warbirdforum.com
The Piper Cub Forum www.pipercubforum.com
Viva Bush! blog www.vivabush.org
Old April 24th 04, 03:42 PM
Cecil Chapman

That claim is made by very ignorant people.

Agreed.

.......... and reported by an ignorant press to a generally ignorant
(regarding aviation knowledge) public...

=-----
Good Flights!

Cecil
PP-ASEL
Student-IASEL

Check out my personal flying adventures from my first flight to the
checkride AND the continuing adventures beyond!
Complete with pictures and text at: www.bayareapilot.com

- Antoine de Saint-Exupery -

"We who fly, do so for the love of flying. We are alive in the air with
this miracle that lies in our hands and beneath our feet"
- Cecil Day Lewis -

Old April 24th 04, 04:08 PM
Peter Gottlieb

"Cub Driver" wrote in message

Though I've never used an airplane as a missile, I think it would be
very much easier than landing it safely.

I think we're debating about something where we have the data points right
in front of us. Going backwards from those I think is more reasonable, that
is, we can say that in three cases, three highly motivated (but probably
average in terms of piloting) people were able to accomplish that task with
relatively basic training.