GammaFV 1.1 - Mac OS X IGC file viewer

Old March 5th 11, 10:47 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Richard Lancaster

Default GammaFV 1.1 - Mac OS X IGC file viewer

I've uploaded version 1.1 of GammaFV to:

http://www.carrotworks.com/

GammaFV is a simple Mac OS X IGC file viewer that plots the geographic
trace of a flight onto a terrain, satellite or road map.

Version 1.1 can now colour the trace with vertical speed data.

Vertical speed colouring might be a bit slow on older PowerPC based
machines. I'm using the HTML based mapping engine in a way that it wasn't
really designed to be used.

Don't expect too much from this software. It doesn't do tasks, airspace,
scoring or anything like that.

Regards,

Richard Lancaster

Old March 6th 11, 04:02 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Russell

On Mar 5, 2:47*pm, (Richard Lancaster) wrote:
I've uploaded version 1.1 of GammaFV to:

http://www.carrotworks.com/

GammaFV is a simple Mac OS X IGC file viewer that plots the geographic
trace of a flight onto a terrain, satellite or road map.

Version 1.1 can now colour the trace with vertical speed data.

Vertical speed colouring might be a bit slow on older PowerPC based
machines. *I'm using the HTML based mapping engine in a way that it wasn't
really designed to be used.

Don't expect too much from this software. *It doesn't do tasks, airspace,
scoring or anything like that.

Regards,

Richard Lancaster

Richard, thanks for doing this. It is nice to finally have an
application for viewing IGC files on a Mac!
Old March 7th 11, 04:05 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Jim[_18_]

On Mar 5, 2:47*pm, (Richard Lancaster) wrote:
I've uploaded version 1.1 of GammaFV

Thank You

Jim
Old May 14th 13, 03:11 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Il giorno sabato 5 marzo 2011 23:47:34 UTC+1, Richard Lancaster ha scritto:
I've uploaded version 1.1 of GammaFV to:

http://www.carrotworks.com/

GammaFV is a simple Mac OS X IGC file viewer that plots the geographic
trace of a flight onto a terrain, satellite or road map.

Version 1.1 can now colour the trace with vertical speed data.

Vertical speed colouring might be a bit slow on older PowerPC based
machines. I'm using the HTML based mapping engine in a way that it wasn't
really designed to be used.

Don't expect too much from this software. It doesn't do tasks, airspace,
scoring or anything like that.

Regards,

Richard Lancaster

Thanks for the software but I have a problem in visualizing the vertical speed...
My trace is always blue even if vertical speed is selected!
Is that a bug?

Thanks,
Luca
Old May 16th 13, 01:35 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Sarah[_2_]

Fantastic, thank you! Very nice for a quick look at IGC files on the laptop.

One very small request - I see you pull out the Pilot and glider information, which is nice. Could you also display the total elapsed flight time? This would let me use this for easily checking/updating my logbook. Right now I have some scripts that do this on the raw IGC files.

Sarah

On Saturday, March 5, 2011 4:47:34 PM UTC-6, Richard Lancaster wrote:
I've uploaded version 1.1 of GammaFV to:

http://www.carrotworks.com/

GammaFV is a simple Mac OS X IGC file viewer that plots the geographic
trace of a flight onto a terrain, satellite or road map.

Version 1.1 can now colour the trace with vertical speed data.

Vertical speed colouring might be a bit slow on older PowerPC based
machines. I'm using the HTML based mapping engine in a way that it wasn't
really designed to be used.

Don't expect too much from this software. It doesn't do tasks, airspace,
scoring or anything like that.

Regards,

Richard Lancaster

IGC file viewer for Mac OS X - GammaFV Richard Lancaster Soaring 4 September 15th 13 02:40 AM
IGC file viewer (no GPS) Andy[_1_] Soaring 7 February 4th 11 01:31 AM
Google Earth viewer Fred Blair Soaring 9 May 9th 09 01:42 AM
PowerPoint viewer Bruce R Aviation Photos 10 March 6th 07 04:12 AM
New satellite viewer available Stubby Instrument Flight Rules 9 July 7th 05 11:48 AM