SkyLines Updates

Old April 16th 13, 11:25 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Tobias Bieniek

Default SkyLines Updates

Hi guys,

we are almost on time for the northern season and have implemented some new things in SkyLines (http://www.skylines-project.org/) in the past days and weeks:

- finally the elevation is shown in the barogram (US terrain data unfortunately not part of the database yet, but we are working on that!)

- better FAI triangle optimization. they are at least as good as the OLC triangles and in some cases even slightly better.

- by tapping the map you can get additional information on the airspaces at that location

- by tapping a flight path on the map you can load additional flights that have crossed your path at that time and location (useful for finding thermal buddies)

- a new wave layer: the Mountain Wave Project has contacted us and we agreed on some form of collaboration. the first result of this is the new MWP layer that shows known wave areas in central europe.

- if you look at multiple flights on the map in parallel, each glider icon now has its competition sign shown above it for easier identification

- bidirectional live tracking: if you fly with XCSoar and you have activated live tracking, you can also download the live tracks of your friends right into XCSoar while you're flying!

- many many more smaller improvements in the backend that allow us to develop even more interesting features in the future

Since the beginning of April many pilots have started to use our live tracking service with a peak of about 50 pilots using it at the same time. So far our server handled it quite well and we are confident that it will also work for larger loads.

If you have additional proposals or if you found a bug please let us know. (http://bugs.xcsoar.org/newticket)

Turbo
Old April 16th 13, 11:50 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
son_of_flubber

Wow Tobias, these are some really nice features! Very innovative.

I'm hoping that OLC does not decide to prohibit posting flights to more than one site. Information wants to be free.
Old April 23rd 13, 04:04 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
glidergeek

On Tuesday, April 16, 2013 3:25:47 PM UTC-7, Tobias Bieniek wrote:
[...]

Tobias
Can I use my Cambridge GPS 20 and download my flight with See You?
Old April 24th 13, 07:33 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Tobias Bieniek

I don't know if SeeYou can read the Cambridge device, but as long as you get an IGC file in the end you can basically use whatever logger you want.

We don't do validation (yet) and if we implemented it will only be required for certain contests, not for uploading or viewing the flights.

No Updates to RAS? Mike McCarron Soaring 2 July 10th 11 04:34 AM
No Updates to RAS? Mike McCarron Soaring 1 July 9th 11 12:37 PM
More Updates Maple1 Aviation Photos 0 November 4th 07 10:29 PM
Garmin updates Dico Owning 11 May 13th 06 01:31 PM
Updates to my records. Fred Blair Soaring 5 November 7th 04 05:08 PM