Help needed re Mifflin wind turbines

Old March 22nd 14, 01:25 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Karl Striedieck[_2_]

Default Help needed re Mifflin wind turbines

As mentioned here in an earlier post, glider pilots who would be adversely affected by a ridge-top wind turbine complex on Jacks Mt near Mifflin are cooperating with a group named SOAR (Save Our Allegheny Ridges)in an attempt to thwart this project.

A quick way glider pilots can help is to vote "no" on the poll running in the local newspaper, the Lewistown Sentinel. Paste this link into your browser:

http://lewistownsentinel.com/page/po...ountains-.html

Thanks for taking the few seconds required. (Last time I checked it was 76% against, 22% for and the rest unsure.)

Karl Striedieck

Old March 22nd 14, 03:16 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Sean Fidler

Voted.

I stand firmly against the liberal hoards and their intentional effort to kill thousands of innocent birds precisely in the middle of their scarce and fleeting natural habitat. ;-)

It should not be called green energy. It should be called blood red energy for the horrible death birds experience while being struck down by the massive blades spinning on their once pristine ridges. ;-)

http://youtu.be/jwVz5hdAMGU

Sean
7T
Old March 22nd 14, 11:21 PM
Brad Alston Brad Alston is offline
Member

Location: Salt Lake City, UT USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karl Striedieck[_2_] View Post
Thanks for taking the few seconds required. (Last time I checked it was 76% against, 22% for and the rest unsure.)

Karl Striedieck
Done; Currently 22% Yes, 72% No, 4% Need more info, and 2% Doesn't matter.
Old March 23rd 14, 02:21 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Mike C

On Saturday, March 22, 2014 3:42:15 PM UTC-6, gotovkotzepkoi wrote:
"I stand firmly against the liberal hoards and their intentional effort

to kill thousands of innocent birds precisely in the middle of their

scarce and fleeting natural habitat. ;-)"

Really? You're barking up the wrong tree. If you are truly worried about

birds then campaign for the immediate extermination of domesticated

house cats running around outside which are responsible for massive

birds deaths..

http://tinyurl.com/nwhbvtd

Bird deaths from wind turbines is negligible in the grand scheme.

--

gotovkotzepkoi

I doubt that domesticated house cats have much of an impact on migrating raptors. The proliferation of wind turbines along migration flight ways might.
Old March 23rd 14, 03:15 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Whiskey Charlie

You never know...
http://tinyurl.com/prctuan
Old March 23rd 14, 03:17 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Mike C

On Saturday, March 22, 2014 9:15:08 PM UTC-6, Whiskey Charlie wrote:
You never know...

http://tinyurl.com/prctuan

LOL!
Old March 23rd 14, 03:55 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Dan Marotta

I also voted "NO" but I don't think it'll make a bit of difference. Follow
the money...

I hope I'm wrong on this.

"Brad Alston" wrote in message

;852762']

Old March 23rd 14, 06:20 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Sean Fidler

On Saturday, March 22, 2014 11:15:08 PM UTC-4, Whiskey Charlie wrote:
You never know...

http://tinyurl.com/prctuan

That is hilarious WC. And so timely...

Notice how the liberal hordes have absolutely no heart. This is the sad truth about liberals. They only act as if they have feelings when it serves their political goals. The reality is that thousands of magnificent (and often endangered) birds are being killed each and every hour by "green" energy wind turbines. You could not design a better system of killing birds really. This is a fact that they try their best to ignore. The reality is that liberals do not care about birds being killed and suffering in horrible agony when struck by their green energy causes high speed turbine blades. They care about forcing non liberals to conform to their utopian fantasy of how the world must be. Remember the tale of the "spotted owl?"

Above we saw a classic liberal devaluing all birds lives and their right to live free of such dangers (wind turbines). Instead of responding to the sad video which shows one of the many bird deaths (which happen thousands and thousands of times each day in the US), the liberal drone instead tries to argue that house-cats are a more important threats to consider for these birds. So therefore the wind turbine bird massacre is "not his green energy causes fault" because house cats also kill birds (clearly the bald eagle in the photo is not very concerned about that house cat...)?

Its hard to follow the liberal logic. So comical is the "mind" of the mindless, liberal drone.

;-)

Jacks Mountain Wind Turbine Letters Needed. Karl Striedieck[_2_] Soaring 11 January 24th 14 06:20 PM
Help needed at Mifflin. KS Soaring 41 October 13th 13 08:53 PM
Fight Wind Turbines at KL94 - SoCal -by 9/21 CindyB Piloting 2 September 21st 09 05:41 AM
Airport Runways and Wind Turbines J Piloting 7 October 27th 06 01:12 AM
Wind Turbines and stealth Arved Sandstrom Military Aviation 6 August 8th 03 10:30 AM