Telex "HearDefender" DBM-1000's

Old January 22nd 06, 09:49 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

Default Telex "HearDefender" DBM-1000's

In cleaning out the basement workshop today (it's 800 OVC, with lots of
ice), and ran across my old pair of Telex headphones at the bottom of a box
that also had an old JC Penney CB radio, and a Colorado tape backup drive.
(Remember those?)

These were actually my second pair of headphones. I bought my first pair
from my CFI (who also ran an avionics shop) for seven dollars. That's right
$7 bucks!

These Telex's were considered a step up, and I think I bought them off my
old boss for $50. Looking at them today they seem hopelessly quaint, with a
non-flexible (it appears to be made of cast aluminum!) microphone boom,
cheesy wiring (with wires hanging out everywhere), and earpiece adjusters
that look like something from a Frankenstein movie.

Still, it has squishy earpads that made them pretty slick in their time.
Any idea what year these were made? They were old when I bought them 12
years ago...
--
Jay Honeck
Iowa City, IA

Old January 23rd 06, 01:42 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

What model Telex?

I am told the old 5W CB's are selling well on eBay.
It's back with a new crowd. As Tim "The Tool Man" Taylor used to say,
"More Power" sells.
Old January 23rd 06, 05:05 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

"john smith" wrote in message
What model Telex?

I am told the old 5W CB's are selling well on eBay.
It's back with a new crowd. As Tim "The Tool Man" Taylor used to say,
"More Power" sells.

Are newer CB's less wattage than the old ones?
--
Jim in NC

Old January 23rd 06, 01:01 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

I am told the old 5W CB's are selling well on eBay.
It's back with a new crowd. As Tim "The Tool Man" Taylor used to say,
"More Power" sells.

Really? I'll have to dig it out of the trash!
--
Jay Honeck
Iowa City, IA

Old January 23rd 06, 02:32 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

In article ,
"Morgans" wrote:

"john smith" wrote in message
What model Telex?

I am told the old 5W CB's are selling well on eBay.
It's back with a new crowd. As Tim "The Tool Man" Taylor used to say,
"More Power" sells.

Are newer CB's less wattage than the old ones?

That is what I am told by a ham friend.
I dug mine out of the box in the basement and am dusting it off for sale.

Old January 25th 06, 04:05 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

Jon Woellhaf wrote:

Why would ANYONE want a CB radio when it's now so easy to get a ham license?
(Way too easy, I think.)

Cost

Telex intercom??? Tri-Pacer Owning 1 September 1st 05 04:42 PM
Telex Stratus 50-D headset? Roy Smith General Aviation 4 January 13th 04 01:44 PM
FS: Telex Headphones New Cond Bob Aviation Marketplace 0 October 14th 03 03:53 PM
Telex PC-4 Intercom thoughts? [email protected] Owning 0 July 24th 03 01:02 PM
Telex 500T Microphone... DGRTEK Soaring 0 July 15th 03 10:55 PM