Atlas is down...

Old January 4th 06, 06:42 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning

Default Atlas is down...

There's a good reason that "weather" is a curse word in German.

The German word for people has several connotations, but I am not aware
of any associated with the word for weather.
Old January 4th 06, 10:29 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning

I give anything for some of that rain. In the last several days I have
flown over some of our wildfire areas. Remember the town of Ringgold,
TX, it is 60% gone. More low humidity and high winds are forecasted
during the next week.

Ross

George Patterson wrote:

RST Engineering wrote:

I dumped the 5" rain gauge 4 times in the last two weeks and I just
got another 3" yesterday. Not that I'd trade water for fire, mindya,
but somewhere in between there has to be a happy medium.

There's a good reason that "weather" is a curse word in German.

George Patterson
Coffee is only a way of stealing time that should by rights belong to
your slightly older self.

Old January 4th 06, 11:52 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning

RST Engineering wrote:
I dumped the 5" rain gauge 4 times in the last two weeks and I just got
another 3" yesterday. Not that I'd trade water for fire, mindya, but
somewhere in between there has to be a happy medium.

I think that is called Hawaii.

Matt
Old January 5th 06, 03:28 AM posted to rec.aviation.owning

By the time my kids were about 5, I could give each one of them a road
map. "You tell me where we are and how long before we get there!" I had
to do some explaining at first, but they got into it.

Old January 9th 06, 06:57 AM posted to rec.aviation.owning

On Wed, 4 Jan 2006 09:53:40 -0800, "RST Engineering"
wrote:

I dumped the 5" rain gauge 4 times in the last two weeks and I just got
another 3" yesterday. Not that I'd trade water for fire, mindya, but
somewhere in between there has to be a happy medium.

Be happy you are not on the NW Coast.
Today was the first really nice day we've had in about a month and we
had company. sheesh

(N833R, S# CD-2 Worlds oldest Debonair)
www.rogerhalstead.com

Jim

"JJS" jschneider@remove socks cebridge.net wrote in message

"Jim Burns" wrote in message
You should see today!!! Hell, I WISH I could see today!!!
KATW and out my window 031945Z 00000KT M1/4SM R03/1200FT FG VV001 01/01
A2988

In about another hour, we'll loose that 1 degree C, and the fog will
start
freezing to everything.... again.

The high was 82 deg. f. here today. (NW Oklahoma)... on the 3rd of
January. We've had two weeks of unseasonably warm weather. Of course
everything is so dry that there are wild prairie fires raging in the area.
Winds are gusting to 40. They just evacuated a small town to the
northwest of us. We're about 12 inches behind normal on rainfall and we
only get about 20 per year. I'd trade some warmth for some moisture!

Joe Schneider
N8437R

News==----
Newsgroups
=----

Old January 16th 06, 11:01 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning

I have added a handy-dandy AMU to $US converter to my website at:

http://pad39a.com/gene/amu.html

--
Gene Seibel
Tales of Flight - http://pad39a.com/gene/tales.html

Old January 17th 06, 03:02 AM posted to rec.aviation.owning

Thank you Gene, Dave and Montyblack.

Montblack, I knew it was "Aviation Monetary Units ", but didn't know
how much. Now I know it is $1,000.00. Gene, if the ratio is 1 to
1,000 I wont need a calculator thank you. :^)

Bryan "The Monk" Chaisone

Old January 17th 06, 12:32 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning

: Montblack, I knew it was "Aviation Monetary Units ", but didn't know
: how much. Now I know it is $1,000.00. Gene, if the ratio is 1 to
: 1,000 I wont need a calculator thank you. :^)

Maybe that ratio is a poor choice for aviation. At least in the U.S. I don't
think there's a *single* aviation standard that uses metric. I vote for $500:$1...

-Cory

* Cory Papenfuss *

Old January 17th 06, 01:16 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning

: think there's a *single* aviation standard that uses metric. I vote for
: $500:$1...

: how about $1012 instead?

Well, the english units are usually based on simple integer math... it's just
not consistent. Fractions are acceptable... So, 500:1 makes for a fairly easy
computations (like cups/gallon = 2x2x4:1), but still doesn't allow for simple decimal
movement. Just annoying enough...

-Cory

* Cory Papenfuss *