Wayteq 950

Old June 9th 12, 09:23 PM
Eurofighter Eurofighter is offline
Junior Member

Default Wayteq 950

Hello guys!
here is the problem:
I have a V7 powered by a battery. The V7 supplies power to the LX COlibri logger and to the Wayteq 950 PDA running SeeYouMobile. The PDA gets the GPS signal from the Colibri through the V7. It's a very nice setup.
During my last flight the battery died after about 3 hours even if I've charged it 2 days before that flight. The vario went silent, the Colibri stopped logging and the PDA had no more GPS signal. Is there any possibility for the PDA to swap to the internal GPS if the Colibri stops without me having to go through settings and select a different COM port?
Also do you think it is a good idea to use the main battery for the vario also? So far that battery powered the radio only. I would like to keep the weight to a minimum.
Regards,
Eurofighter
Old June 10th 12, 07:40 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
BruceGreeff

Simple axiom - Power comes from fuel used.

You need more battery for all the computing and power regulation
capability. In the end you can chose between battery tecnologies to keep
weight down, but the joules have to be there.

The PDa battery is unlikely to help here.

Bruce

--
Bruce Greeff
T59D #1771
Old June 10th 12, 04:08 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
kirk.stant

On Sunday, June 10, 2012 8:19:53 AM UTC-5, cfinn wrote:
Some programs such as LK8000 can do this. In setup you select the
primary and secondary GPS sources. If the signal is lost from the
primary, the secondary is automatically selected. It periodically
checks availability of the primary. When/if it returns, it will
automatically be selected. I don't know if SeeYouMobile has that
function.

Charlie

Oudie/SeeYouMobile switches from external GPS to internal GPS automatically.

Kirk
66
Old June 15th 12, 09:52 PM
Eurofighter Eurofighter is offline
Junior Member

I see. Is there something that I need to configure, because mine didn't automatically switch to the internal GPS of the Wayteq.
There is also this: external GPS (Colibri) works on COM4, while the internal one works on COM1 and this is why I think it didn't switch. What do you think?