Leaving the community

Old November 12th 04, 04:08 AM
Richard Hertz

"Bob Noel" wrote in message
In article ,
"Peter Duniho" wrote:

Legalized abortion has in the long-run made our country safer, not less
so.

not for the children killed during the abortion.

What is the definition of a child? (from a legal standpoint)

--
Bob Noel

Old November 12th 04, 04:13 AM
Richard Hertz

Old November 12th 04, 08:22 AM
Thomas Borchert

Morgans,

I have been unable to find any reports on the internet, on this subject.
Anyone have any more info?

Nothing at all. Don't believe all you hear on the internet...

--
Thomas Borchert (EDDH)

Old November 12th 04, 08:22 AM
Thomas Borchert

Morgans,

Oh, kinda like Clinton telling us under oath, that he did not have sexual
relations with Monica?

Tell us again how many American citizens got killed or maimed by Clinton
doing that?

--
Thomas Borchert (EDDH)

Old November 12th 04, 12:09 PM
Matt Whiting

Richard Hertz wrote:

"C J Campbell" wrote in message

"Peter Duniho" wrote in message

But regardless, none of this is even required to show that you don't

require

religion to justify happiness. A simple global desire to be happy is
sufficient (if you have no such desire to be happy, you may have a hard

time

comprehending this, but it sure would explain some other things). That's
why large groups of humans get together and agree to try to be happy
together, rather than killing and stealing from each other all the time.

I think a good argument can be made that one reason people kill and steal
stems from the desire to be happy. In this respect happiness (or the
desire
for happiness) could be a negative trait.

It makes no difference why they do it. Unless it is self defense it is
criminal. That has nothing to do with religion.

Criminal by whose standard? What if the majority decided that stealing
and killing were OK?

Matt

Old November 12th 04, 01:03 PM
Jay Honeck

I have been unable to find any reports on the internet, on this subject.
Anyone have any more info?

Nothing at all. Don't believe all you hear on the internet...

Interesting, isn't it? The sarin find was reported by NPR's female
correspondent (whose name escapes me), who is embedded with a Marine unit in
Fallujah. I heard it myself on NPR's "All Things Considered," which airs in
the afternoons.

Now, it's no where to be found.

Either the report has been discredited, or it's being suppressed.
--
Jay Honeck
Iowa City, IA

Old November 12th 04, 01:23 PM
jls

"Richard Hertz" no one@no one.com wrote in message
. net...

"Bob Noel" wrote in message
In article ,
"Peter Duniho" wrote:

Legalized abortion has in the long-run made our country safer, not less
so.

not for the children killed during the abortion.

What is the definition of a child? (from a legal standpoint)

--
Bob Noel

He doesn't know, obviously, but at common law the foetus or embryo has never
been treated as a child. In some cases the foetus when "quickened," i. e.,
capable of living outside of the uterus, has been viewed as a human being
within the purview of the homicide laws.

There is a movement among religious pharmacists to refuse to fill
prescriptions for the morning-after pill. Watch this absurdity grow and
fester, including the belief of many religious that a human life begins at
the instant of conception.

My lawgivers are Erasmus and Montaigne, not Moses and St. Paul. (E. M.
Forster)

Old November 12th 04, 02:21 PM
C J Campbell

"Frank" wrote in message ...
Peter Duniho wrote:

snip

My main point was simply that the electorate in general believes what

they
want to believe, regardless of what the actual truth is. This is true

of
all people, regardless of party affiliation. My secondary, much less
important point (especially now that the election is over), might be

that
I personally feel that lying to the public in order to justify a deadly
war is a much bigger transgression than has been witnessed in the
Executive branch since the Iran-Contra scandal.

Pete

Very well put Pete.

I'd add that even if the Iraq invasion was justified it was bungled badly.
The administration ignored its own experts and we lost lives because of

it.
For that reason alone they don't merit being returned to office.

If it was bungled so badly, why do the military and veterans overwhelmingly
support Bush instead of Kerry?

Why did Kerry participate in this supposed lie? For a long time, there, he
was Bush's biggest critic for not invading Iraq sooner than he did. Kerry
was the biggest hawk in the country. How come you do not think Kerry was
lying?

Old November 12th 04, 02:22 PM
Corky Scott

On Thu, 11 Nov 2004 19:56:38 -0500, "Morgans"
wrote:

Oh, kinda like Clinton telling us under oath, that he did not have sexual
relations with Monica?
--
Jim in NC

Oh please.

The Bush White House's selective use of information took us to war
where many thousands have now died (yes, I'm including Iraqi
civilians). Let me repeat that, they took us to war, and they took us
there by manipulating the only information that we and the rest of the
world had.

Whatever Clinton did, it FOR SURE did not result in war or the death
of anyone. Sure, he showed a lack of fidelity towards his marriage,
but that's IT and it's his and Hillarie's problem, not the nations'.

Death, destruction, misery, torture, refusal to abide by the Geneva
Convention and world condemnation, not to mention the cost in money,
which we the citizens have to pay. And we could be just getting
started here. There's no telling how this will play out with the rest
of the world eventually. Versus an oddball use of a cigar and a
stained dress. Yup, I sure can see the comparison.

Corky Scott
Old November 12th 04, 03:31 PM
Trent Moorehead

"Corky Scott" wrote in message

snip
Whatever Clinton did, it FOR SURE did not result in war or the death
of anyone. Sure, he showed a lack of fidelity towards his marriage,
but that's IT and it's his and Hillarie's problem, not the nations'.

snip

I don't agree. He lied under oath and that's pretty serious. The president
of the United States commited PERJURY. Especially serious since he was the
president of the United States at the time. It goes way deeper than a
marital problem, I think he shamed the office a la Nixon. I agree that what
he tried to cover up was more of a personal problem, but when he lied under
oath, he knew exactly what he was doing: lying to you and me and everyone
else. It didn't have to be a big deal, but he made it a huge one.

I was a Clinton supporter until I found out that he would lie under oath. It
showed and shows a serious flaw in character. It made me wonder what else he
had done or was willing to do. I don't blame him for trying to cover it up,
but commiting perjury crossed the line for me.

The issue of President Bush's lying is open to debate because no one has all
the facts here and only time will tell. The fact that President Clinton
perjured himself cannot be debated. I consider a sitting president commiting
perjury to be extremely serious, no matter what he is lying about.

-Trent
PP-ASEL

Leaving the community David Brooks Instrument Flight Rules 556 November 30th 04 08:08 PM
aero-domains for anybody in the aviation community secura Aviation Marketplace 1 June 26th 04 07:37 PM
Unruly Passengers SelwayKid Piloting 88 June 5th 04 08:35 AM
Report Leaving Assigned Altitude? John Clonts Instrument Flight Rules 81 March 20th 04 02:34 PM
Big Kahunas Jay Honeck Piloting 360 December 20th 03 12:59 AM