new URL for the Captain Zoom web page

Old August 13th 04, 04:38 AM
John Ousterhout

Default new URL for the Captain Zoom web page

I keep moving and changing ISP's so I finally broke down and paid for
web hosting and a domain. You can find the Captain Zoom web page (and
a lot of other stuff like photos of the rec.aviation Fly-in at
Pinckneyville) at http://www.ousterhout.net/

- John Ousterhout -
RAH-14 and proud of it

Old August 13th 04, 01:17 PM
GaryP

John,
I keep getting 404'ed when I go to the fly in photos link. It looks
like all of the thumbnails point Netscape to http://fly-in/xxx.html which
resolve to http://www.fly-in.com, a Florida real estate company. They
ain't got your pictures! Looking at the html source everything looks OK
and when I directly type in http://www.ousterhout.net/fly-in/jean-02.html
it works. Somthin ain't right, perhaps its just me.

GaryP

Old August 13th 04, 11:47 PM
ChuckSlusarczyk

In article , John Ousterhout says...

I keep moving and changing ISP's so I finally broke down and paid for
web hosting and a domain. You can find the Captain Zoom web page (and
a lot of other stuff like photos of the rec.aviation Fly-in at
Pinckneyville) at http://www.ousterhout.net/

- John Ousterhout -
RAH-14 and proud of it

Hi John
Thanks for the up date on the web site. I'm having problems trying to open some
of the pages.For example the whole Tony page ,when I click the icon all I get is
the dreasded "you cannot access this site" alert.Others will open. Is there
something wrong at my end? No wise cracks please :-)

See ya

Chuck RAH-14/1 ret

Old August 14th 04, 04:13 AM
ChuckSlusarczyk

In article , Richard Riley says...
It all works for me. Try forcing a reload - shift+reload.

Hmm still not working maybe my technique is wrong.

See ya

Chuck

Old August 14th 04, 04:23 AM
ChuckSlusarczyk

In article , B2431 says...

Chuck, do you REALLY think anyone would make comments? Gee, would anyone in the
NG do such a thing? I am shocked, SHOCKED that you would suggest such a thing.

I am offended that you would imply we would mock you.

With that out of the way, have you tried removing parental controls?

Your right ,no one on RAH would ever mock me LOL!! Maybe I'm not thinking
straight because I'm so nervous over jauns threat of the Sept surprise that will
have some of us quivering in our boots when it's revealed....I'm still waiting
for an answer about zooms zoom lens:-) Oh woe is me ..er us...Sept is only a few
weeks away . OH can I stand the anguish?? OH!! the pain in my heart as I await
breathlessly for the Ides of Sept...Oh what a world!! That girl and her silly
dog...Gee 's it's the waiting I hate ...It's too quiet out there...
better get some rest they'll attack at first light.....

See ya

Chuck S RAH-14/1 ret

Old August 14th 04, 04:59 AM
Wesley Scott

There is something definitely wrong with the tony page. All I get are
broken image links. Looking at the source there are no /TD and /TR
tags. Internet explorer will deal with that to some extent. Early versions
of Netscape (I quit using it at 4.7x) won't.

The links are all generating URL like the one below.
http://a href="tony/tony-01.jpg

Probably a problem with the head section. I would guess there should be a
/A associated with this line
BASE HREF="A HREF="http://www.ousterhout.net"

From: ChuckSlusarczyk
Date: 8/13/2004 10:13 PM Central Daylight Time

Hmm still not working maybe my technique is wrong.

See ya

Chuck

No comment g

Dan, U.S. Air Force, retired

Old August 14th 04, 05:45 PM
ChuckSlusarczyk

In article , B2431 says...
...Oh what a world!! That girl and her
silly
dog...Gee 's it's the waiting I hate ...It's too quiet out there...
better get some rest they'll attack at first light.....

See ya

Working on an Oscar?

Dan, U.S. Air Force, retired

The truth ?!! people can't handle the truth!! all they want is badges!! Badges??
I don't need no stinkin' badges!!! Hey dat waz good chooting,jew put a whole in
me !!

See ya

Chuck (hombre) S