Burt's 10-seat military project

Old August 17th 04, 08:41 AM
Mike Patterson

Default Burt's 10-seat military project

http://www.strategypage.com/humor/ar...ruttan_b17.asp

Still chuckling...

Mike Patterson
Please remove the spamtrap to email me.
"I always wanted to be somebody...I should have been more specific..." - Lily Tomlin
Old August 17th 04, 08:39 PM
B2431

From: Mike Patterson
Date: 8/17/2004 2:41 AM Central Daylight Time

http://www.strategypage.com/humor/ar...ruttan_b17.asp

Still chuckling...

Mike Patterson

The scary part is it looks believable considering some of the wild designs
thought up by all sides during that war.

Dan, U.S. Air Force, retired
Old August 18th 04, 03:49 AM
Dude

Ever seen any of the Crimson Skies planes?

That thing would fit right into their theme.

Old August 18th 04, 05:30 AM
Ross Oliver

Mike Patterson wrote:
http://www.strategypage.com/humor/ar...ruttan_b17.asp

Still chuckling...

Well, whoever created this page doesn't know that Burt Rutan spells
his name with only one "t", and had he actually designed such a beast,
the props would undoubtably have been pushers.

Old August 18th 04, 03:17 PM
C J Campbell

"Ross Oliver" wrote in message
Mike Patterson wrote:

http://www.strategypage.com/humor/ar...t_ruttan_b17.a

sp

Still chuckling...

Well, whoever created this page doesn't know that Burt Rutan spells
his name with only one "t", and had he actually designed such a beast,
the props would undoubtably have been pushers.

Burt has to be the most conservative aircraft designer around. He figures
the Wrights got it right the first time and has never seen a good reason to
change a thing. His designs are invariably cloth covered pusher canard
designs, just like the Wright Flyer.

Old August 19th 04, 06:22 PM
Paul Lee

The CG doesn't look right.

SQ2000 canard: http://www.abri.com/sq2000

Seat belts. Paul Lee Home Built 0 December 18th 03 09:35 PM
Question: Researching Project Tilt Home Built 21 December 17th 03 02:39 PM
Corky: Any new pics of your project? Ernesto Sanchez Home Built 1 October 15th 03 01:44 PM
Seat cushion Ernest Christley Home Built 14 August 5th 03 07:16 PM
Seat cushions Big John Home Built 3 July 31st 03 10:59 PM