GA is priceless

Old January 6th 07, 09:33 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Mxsmanic

Default GA is priceless

bdl writes:

Physically draining... That better?

I guess so. Although I should think that IFR would be mentally
draining, rather than physically training. Of course, having to think
carefully for a few hours or risk hitting a mountainside can have side
effects that produce considerable fatigue over time.

Old January 6th 07, 10:13 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Neil Gould

Recently, Mxsmanic posted:

bdl writes:

Physically draining... That better?

I guess so. Although I should think that IFR would be mentally
draining, rather than physically training. Of course, having to think
carefully for a few hours or risk hitting a mountainside can have side
effects that produce considerable fatigue over time.

Those are the least of one's concerns in IMC/IFR. Look up MEA to know why.

Neil

Old January 7th 07, 04:11 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Roger[_4_]

On 6 Jan 2007 12:06:57 -0800, "bdl" wrote:

Mxsmanic wrote:
bdl writes:

IFR flying is a very physical process. It requires you to disregard
your senses.

These two statements conflict.

They are both true and they do conflict which is what makes instrument
flying a challenge. :-))

Physically draining... That better? If I could put myself in a little

Don't forget, mentally draining as well. Mental overload is quite
common for instrument students and for those of us with a good many
hours a good, seasoned, sadistic, CFII can prove we too are not
immune. :-))

1-G bubble inside the cockpit, IFR flying would be a piece of cake.
See the attitude indicator? Keep it right side up.. (Except when it
fails).

Ain't nothing like trying to fly the airplane when you have a case of
spatial disorientation so bad you have to point at the instruments to
do your scan and it's so rough you keep missing your target. With your
thought processes so screwed up you then have to stop and try,
(unsuccessfully) to remember which instrument you were after and you
can't tell up from down. Of course all of this is while you are the
most nauseated you can ever remember and feel the need to tie the
"lunch bag" around your neck (just in case):-))
Not that I've ever been there.
(N833R, S# CD-2 Worlds oldest Debonair)
www.rogerhalstead.com

Dual glide slope, $95...priceless! Jack Allison Owning 20 October 22nd 06 03:45 AM
Priceless Tugs kojak Owning 0 August 9th 05 10:25 PM
"Priceless" in Afghanistan Pechs1 Naval Aviation 34 March 7th 04 06:27 AM
"Priceless" in Afghanistan BUFDRVR Military Aviation 15 February 28th 04 04:17 PM
Priceless in Afganistan breyfogle Military Aviation 18 February 24th 04 05:54 AM