Wing weights

Old January 16th 10, 01:46 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Greg Arnold

Default Wing weights

Does anyone know the weight of the inner wing panels of any of the
following 18 meter wings?

Ventus 2cx
Discus 2c
ASG-29

Thanks,

Greg
Old January 17th 10, 07:56 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
V1

Does anyone know the weight of the inner wing panels of ... Ventus 2cx

Greg,
I haven't weighed it, but the dealer told me prior to purchase that my
Ventus 2cx inner panel was 130-135 lbs. Which seems about right -
feels the same as many 15m wings.

- Frank
Old January 17th 10, 08:02 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Greg Arnold

V1 wrote:
Does anyone know the weight of the inner wing panels of ... Ventus 2cx

Greg,
I haven't weighed it, but the dealer told me prior to purchase that my
Ventus 2cx inner panel was 130-135 lbs. Which seems about right -
feels the same as many 15m wings.

- Frank

Thanks. Any ASG-29 or Discus 2c owners with similar information for the
inner panel of their wings?
Old January 17th 10, 09:06 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
T8

On Jan 15, 7:46*pm, Greg Arnold wrote:
Does anyone know the weight of the inner wing panels of any of the
following 18 meter wings?

Ventus 2cx
Discus 2c
ASG-29

Thanks,

Greg

According to this http://www.segelflyget.se/w/docs/Vortrag29.pdf, the
'29 inner is "about 64 kg". Anyway, it's lighter than my grunt
ASW-20B oofta!.

-Evan Ludeman / T8
Old January 18th 10, 01:33 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Andy[_1_]

On Jan 17, 1:06*pm, T8 wrote:

According to thishttp://www.segelflyget.se/w/docs/Vortrag29.pdf, the
'29 inner is "about 64 kg". *Anyway, it's lighter than my grunt
ASW-20B oofta!.

-Evan Ludeman / T8

Why not provide the actual weights from the data the factory provided
at delivery. We all know that brochure weights are the optimistic
ramblings of the sales department.

Andy
Old January 18th 10, 01:46 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
T8

On Jan 17, 7:33*pm, Andy wrote:
On Jan 17, 1:06*pm, T8 wrote:

According to thishttp://www.segelflyget.se/w/docs/Vortrag29.pdf, the
'29 inner is "about 64 kg". *Anyway, it's lighter than my grunt
ASW-20B oofta!.

-Evan Ludeman / T8

Why not provide the actual weights from the data the factory provided
at delivery. *We all know that brochure weights are the optimistic
ramblings of the sales department.

Andy

Uhhhh, because I've never taken delivery of a '29?

-Evan
Old January 18th 10, 03:11 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Dave Nadler

On Jan 15, 7:46*pm, Greg Arnold wrote:
Does anyone know the weight of the inner wing panels of any of the
following 18 meter wings?

Ventus 2cx
Discus 2c
ASG-29

Thanks,

Greg

OK, total them up and you've got about the same as
my inner panels. But, enquiring minds want to know,
why are you asking ? And why didn't you ask for
brochure and actuals ?

See ya, Dave

Old January 18th 10, 03:12 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Dave Nadler

On Jan 17, 1:56*pm, V1 wrote:
...but the dealer told me prior to purchase that...

Frank ! Call me immediately !
I have a really good deal on a bridge !

See ya, Dave
Old January 18th 10, 03:41 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Greg Arnold

Dave Nadler wrote:
On Jan 15, 7:46 pm, Greg Arnold wrote:
Does anyone know the weight of the inner wing panels of any of the
following 18 meter wings?

Ventus 2cx
Discus 2c
ASG-29

Thanks,

Greg

OK, total them up and you've got about the same as
my inner panels. But, enquiring minds want to know,
why are you asking ?

Curiosity. If I win the lottery, this information will be relevant.
Also, it is raining here, so what else to do?

And why didn't you ask for
brochure and actuals ?

See ya, Dave

Old January 18th 10, 09:45 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
johngalloway[_2_]

On Jan 15, 7:46 pm, Greg Arnold wrote:
Does anyone know the weight of the inner wing panels of any of the
following 18 meter wings?

Ventus 2cx
Discus 2c
ASG-29

Thanks,

Greg

Discus 2cT factory weighing 66kg

John Galloway

Grob 103 weights Mitch Soaring 0 July 5th 08 02:30 AM
JSF/F-22 weights John Cook Military Aviation 2 September 11th 04 06:32 AM
Lak-12 weights pete83 Soaring 1 June 26th 04 11:25 PM
Lak-12 weights pete83 Soaring 0 June 26th 04 06:47 PM
Can you mix oil weights? Ben Jackson Owning 13 January 5th 04 03:51 AM