Using wget to save dr.jack files without cookies

Old April 3rd 14, 01:39 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Default Using wget to save dr.jack files without cookies

Greetings,

I used to have a batch file set up on a previous computer which would download 6 images of soaring data each day from dr.jack's site. This worked but used the cookie info within wget to get access to future day data.

My new computer is not playing nicely with cookies so I tried to use the URL format for cookieless downloads described on dr.jack's site.

When I use the cookieless URL in Firefox with the login info, it works. Try using the same URL via wget and no go. Looks like wget is for some reason inserting a space after my username, but that's just a guess.

Thought I'd see if anyone here might be able to help.

Thanks,

Mark
Old April 3rd 14, 10:01 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
brtlmj

Mark,

Have you considered using curl instead?

curl -o filename-to-save-as -u username:password url

Bart

Old April 4th 14, 12:27 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

On Thursday, April 3, 2014 4:01:10 PM UTC-5, brtlmj wrote:
Mark,

Have you considered using curl instead?

curl -o filename-to-save-as -u username:password url

Bart

Bart,

Thanks. I'll give that a try.

Mark

Successful conversion of .cai files to .igc files for OLC danlj Soaring 2 August 5th 07 02:45 PM
Save Jericho! xabistuff Piloting 0 June 1st 07 03:29 AM
Save the Red Arrows Bravo Two Zero Piloting 3 March 2nd 07 03:45 PM
Now Being Served...Tomcat Cookies! Zomby Woof Aviation Photos 4 December 25th 06 04:38 AM
Save The Lut Daniel General Aviation 0 December 7th 03 05:46 PM