We Are All Spaniards

Old March 16th 04, 07:00 PM
Alex

"Jay Honeck" wrote in message news:OZ_4c.11522$1p.210809@attbi_s54...
Terrorists kill innocents. America's rebels fought the British for
independence -- they didn't pointlessly blow up schools in far-flung,
unrelated locales.

US and Spain are not unrelated locales for OBL's people, as Israel is
not unrelated for the palestinian terrorists, etc. And as to
pointlessness, look around you and tell me if WTC hasn't had the
desired effect.

To even suggest that El Queda operatives are fighting a "war of
independence" is offensive. They are killing innocents around the world,
for no apparent reason, with no goal other than terror and suffering in
mind, all in the name of Allah.

They invoke Allah as a means to convince the lower ranks, because
religion is one of the very few thinks that can make men blow
themselfs up. But the have politics in mind.

Their agenda is not freedom -- it is the downfall of Western civilization,
in the name of God.

It's thier own freedom from western opresion. Believe it or not, they
don't see America as their saviour, but as their invader.
Old March 16th 04, 07:30 PM
Alex

Judah wrote in message . ..
If the Arab Empire wins the war and rewrites history, I would pretty much
guarantee that you are wrong... They will claim all Americans were western
imperialist infidels who treaded upon the Nation of Islam, and the only
ones who weren't were the converts who supported and helped them win the
war.

The terrorists (what is "the arab empire"?) are not after world
domination, but after their nation's freedom from western domination.
They want US and its allies to get out of the middle west.
Old March 16th 04, 07:45 PM
Alex

"C J Campbell" wrote in message ...
Are you seriously arguing that Osama bin Laden and his ilk are fighting for
the independence of some country? Or that they are trying to institute
democracy among their people? Are you suggesting that the United States,
Spain, and other countries deserve to be attacked by terrorists?

Inocents don't deserve to be killed. But when inocents are killed,
those who are left behind naturally seek vengeance. It's only human
(yes, terrorists are human too).

Also, why do you assume freedom = democracy? For most people, freedom
means to be left alone to live their lives any way they want. In your
case, that means a certain political system, a certain culture, a
certain moral system, etc. In the case of the arab world, it means
something different. Who is to say that this is wrong? You can't apply
your particular moral system to another culture.
Old March 16th 04, 07:55 PM
Alex

Andrew Gideon wrote in message gonline.com...
I don't care whether or not terrorists are interested in freedom. They're
still criminals that murder. With means such as these, the ends become
irrelevant.

This could very well be the thinking of the people in Irak about the
US invasion. It is an understandable thing to say from either side.
Old March 16th 04, 08:07 PM
G.R. Patterson III

Alex wrote:

And as to
pointlessness, look around you and tell me if WTC hasn't had the
desired effect.

Well, since in one of your other posts, you claim that Al Quaida's aim is to
get the U.S. out of the Middle East, and the WTC attack played a major part in
the establishment of bases in Kuwait, the removal of the Taliban from Afghanistan,
and the invasion of Iraq, I'd say that it's had exactly the opposite effect of
what was desired.

George Patterson
Battle, n; A method of untying with the teeth a political knot that would
not yield to the tongue.
Old March 16th 04, 08:14 PM
Alex

"Jay Honeck" wrote in message news:2l%4c.11577$1p.211085@attbi_s54...
America will stand with Spain, and our other allies, in this bizarre
religious/fascist war.

You know, it is that "and our other allies" part that bothers me. The
infamous "either you are with us, or you are against us" BS. Reality
is rarely black and white. Zapatero said he will withdraw his forces
from Irak. Will you stand with Spain after that? Will the victims
still deserve your sympathy? Or will the mother of that student who
was blown to bits become your instant enemy?

I suspect my children will be fighting these stupid
*******s for a long time to come, but eventually freedom will win out over
oppression.

I hope so. What I don't know, is whose freedom will eventually win.
Old March 16th 04, 09:00 PM
Jay Beckman

"Jeff" wrote in message
terrorism is not a tactic, its a mindset.

I have been to the middle east (1990-1991), its a **** hole.

I spent two years in Iran (1976-1978) and actually parts of it are
breathtakingly beautiful.

Whole lot of history there. Persepolis, Isfahan, Shiraz, Qom.

The area up around the Caspian Sea is cool too.

I learned to snow ski there on terrain which makes the Alps look like zits.

Jay Beckman
Student Pilot - KCHD
6.0 Hrs - Nowhere to go but up!

Old March 16th 04, 09:02 PM
Jay Beckman

"Alex" wrote in message
om...
Judah wrote in message

. ..
If the Arab Empire wins the war and rewrites history, I would pretty

much
guarantee that you are wrong... They will claim all Americans were

western
imperialist infidels who treaded upon the Nation of Islam, and the only
ones who weren't were the converts who supported and helped them win the
war.

The terrorists (what is "the arab empire"?) are not after world
domination, but after their nation's freedom from western domination.
They want US and its allies to get out of the middle west.

Jay H? Can you confirm or deny that we western domination and military
allies in Iowa?

Sorry, couldn't resist...

Jay B

Old March 16th 04, 09:04 PM
Jay Beckman

"Wdtabor" wrote in message
In article , "Dan Luke"
writes:

This election will encourage the terrorists like
nothing else has.

Unfortunately, the spin in the Muslim world will be that Al Qaeda
frightened the Spanish people into replacing their government. Score
one for the bad guys.
--

And Italy, Britain and Australia will no doubt pay a heavy price for the
cowardice of the Spanish.

The Aussies already did. The nightclub bombing last year in Bali killed
mosty Aussies.

Churchill, speaking of appeasement, said it was 'feeding the crocodile in

hopes
it would eat you last.'

Don

--
Wm. Donald (Don) Tabor Jr., DDS
PP-ASEL

Old March 16th 04, 10:39 PM
John Galban

"Tom Sixkiller" wrote in message ...
"S Green" wrote in message

"Jay Honeck" wrote in message
The Uk gave the land to Israel following a war with Jewish terrorists.
People like Golda Meyer, Begin were all terrorists(freedomfighters).

Again, you're confusing terrorists with rebels.

Rebels fight for territory. Terrorists kill indiscriminately.

The jews in 1948 were indiscriminate killers.

That's a BS myth -- they were most definitely NOT indiscriminante.

Boy, I really hate to step into this thread, but there were
incidents of what would be called "terrorism" today by the jewish
factions in pre-Israeli palestine. The bombing of the King David
Hotel in 1946 comes to mind.

John Galban=====N4BQ (PA28-180)