Any news/update on GP Gliders?

Old October 12th 16, 05:34 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
pjschae

Default Any news/update on GP Gliders?

Was this test flight of a Mini-Lak?
Old October 13th 16, 08:38 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Per Carlin

On Wednesday, October 12, 2016 at 6:34:19 PM UTC+2, pjschae wrote:
Was this test flight of a Mini-Lak?

Mini Lak is flyging!
Prototype was flying in the 13,5m WGC 2015 and performed well.
Mini Lak FES was airborne during Club, Std and 20M WGC 2016. They more or less flew every day the weather allowed, take off by the FES.
When I visited the LAK factory was there several mini LAKs in progress, according to the factory manager was there 7 gliders in the orderbook, all with FES. The one that flew during WGC will go to Norway, or has already been delivered.

From my perspective is LAK way ahead of GP gliders. They have and flown the glider, they have gliders in progress of manufacturing . They have the capability to deliver gliders this year. I don’t know about the certification, the glider that flew had an experimental marking, I guess that the first 10 will fly on special “permit to Fly”. LAK has certified the LAK 17 and 19, I guess that Mini Lak will be certified on the same preferences as LAK-17.

Old October 13th 16, 06:01 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

On Thursday, October 13, 2016 at 8:38:29 AM UTC+1, Per Carlin wrote:
On Wednesday, October 12, 2016 at 6:34:19 PM UTC+2, pjschae wrote:
Was this test flight of a Mini-Lak?

Mini Lak is flyging!
Prototype was flying in the 13,5m WGC 2015 and performed well.
Mini Lak FES was airborne during Club, Std and 20M WGC 2016. They more or less flew every day the weather allowed, take off by the FES.
When I visited the LAK factory was there several mini LAKs in progress, according to the factory manager was there 7 gliders in the orderbook, all with FES. The one that flew during WGC will go to Norway, or has already been delivered.

From my perspective is LAK way ahead of GP gliders. They have and flown the glider, they have gliders in progress of manufacturing . They have the capability to deliver gliders this year. I don’t know about the certification, the glider that flew had an experimental marking, I guess that the first 10 will fly on special “permit to Fly”. LAK has certified the LAK 17 and 19, I guess that Mini Lak will be certified on the same preferences as LAK-17.

But the GP glider designs (13.5 + 15m versions) look a whole lot more interesting to me - both as glider designs and also the electric self-launching reverse pylon concept. I'd wait and see how their build quality, certification and performance work out before buying any other glider similar glider.
Old October 14th 16, 06:59 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Tim[_11_]

On Friday, October 7, 2016 at 4:20:51 PM UTC-5, Stephen Michalik wrote:
Not heard much lately about this new glider development or certification. Anyone have one delivered?
Interested pilots want to know

Good Afternoon/Evening GP Glider Followers(and Onlookers):

Please look at the following link for my latest blogpost including new details and pictures from the factory. http://www.gpglidersusa.com/blog/201...t-is-happening

Work is progressing at a slow but steady pace. The latest hold-up as reported to me just a few days ago is they are waiting on the correct battery connectors for the propulsion system. With an innovation project like this, it always seems to be something. However, company cash-flow is good and the company remains committed 100+% to the project's cxompletion AND commercial success. When the GP 14 flies, we are confident that it WILL bring the latest aerodynamics and performance to the 13.5 meter space. There is nothing "legacy" about this project!

Tim McAllister "EY"
GP Gliders USA
Old October 15th 16, 03:18 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Casey[_2_]

On Friday, October 14, 2016 at 1:59:37 PM UTC-4, Tim wrote:
[...]

Hey Tim,

Who is the maker of the electric motor? Iv'e seen this somewhere before.

Casey
Old October 15th 16, 03:58 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
David Kinsell[_2_]

At the bottom of the banner, there's a Not Now button that makes the
banner go away. Not much new there, just some announcements of new
dealers.

On Sun, 09 Oct 2016 09:27:00 -0600, Dan Marotta wrote:

Is there any way to view the facebook page without having an account (I
refuse) and without having a large portion of the screen demanding that
I login or sign up? There's no option to do neither that I can see.

On 10/9/2016 7:00 AM, Marco wrote:
On Saturday, October 8, 2016 at 5:07:57 AM UTC+2,
wrote:
On Friday, October 7, 2016 at 5:49:44 PM UTC-7, Stephen Michalik
wrote:
Hi Renny,
Thanks. I watch those links too. And was wondering if there was other
activity that just wasn't posted. Something I'm watching during the
coming months.
There is some info about the GP 15 -- including 3-view drawings and
prices -- at the links at the bottom of
http://www.gpgliders.com/jeta-line.

You may wish to follow their progress on facebook:
https://www.facebook.com/gpgliders/?...SEARCH&fref=nf They almost
were able to compete last year in the Worlds 13.5 class but now, one
year after the event, I have not seen reports of a glider flying. Still
their specs and test results with the spar are very interesting.