Oudie users

Old May 30th 15, 04:32 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
HGXC[_3_]

Default Oudie users

My Oudie is set up to use external GPS from my Cambridge. My process before flight is to turn on the Cambridge so it will lock the satellites (start blinking), then I turn on the Oudie. It always give me a quick notice that it has lost the GPS signal and then it works fine. My question is ...is there anyway I can tell from the GPS status box on screen what source its pulling the GPS from?

Dennis
Old May 30th 15, 04:53 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Sierra Whiskey

On my Oudie the GPS status box indicates Primary and Secondary. When it is configured to use an External source that external source becomes the primary GPS input. The internal GPS receiver is then used as a secondary or backup source.

-SW
Old May 30th 15, 05:35 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
HGXC[_3_]

On Saturday, May 30, 2015 at 11:53:27 AM UTC-4, Sierra Whiskey wrote:
On my Oudie the GPS status box indicates Primary and Secondary. When it is configured to use an External source that external source becomes the primary GPS input. The internal GPS receiver is then used as a secondary or backup source.

-SW

What does the message look like when primary? Mine says things like 3D/8 or Bad data or No Data stuff like that.

Dennis
Old May 30th 15, 06:28 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
D M[_2_]

wrote:
On my Oudie the GPS status box indicates Primary and Secondary.

When it
is configured to use an External source that external source becomes

the
primary GPS input. The internal GPS receiver is then used as a

secondary or
backup source.

-SW

What does the message look like when primary? Mine says things like

3D/8 or
Bad data or No Data stuff like that.

Dennis

If I am not mistaken, It gives a warning box that states the primary
gps signal is lost then it will ask if you want to use the backup. It is a

box that blocks the primary display. Doug

Old May 31st 15, 04:11 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Sean Franke

On Saturday, May 30, 2015 at 8:32:30 AM UTC-7, HGXC wrote:
My Oudie is set up to use external GPS from my Cambridge. My process before flight is to turn on the Cambridge so it will lock the satellites (start blinking), then I turn on the Oudie. It always give me a quick notice that it has lost the GPS signal and then it works fine. My question is ...is there anyway I can tell from the GPS status box on screen what source its pulling the GPS from?

Dennis

Dennis,

You can disable the backup GPS to verify a good Cambridge connection. MENUSETTINGSHARDWAREuse backup GPS.

Sean Franke
Old June 1st 15, 04:46 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Paul Remde

Hi Dennis,

I suspect that you need to setup your GPS status Nav Box to display all 3
rows. Then you'll see whether it is receiving primary or backup GPS data.
Go to Menu, Settings, Nav Boxes and edit the settings for the GPS status
navbox.

Best Regards,

Paul Remde
Cumulus Soaring, Inc.

Old June 1st 15, 11:37 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
MNLou

Another option - Just touch the "map" button (second from right on the bottom of the main screen, next to Menu) twice. That takes you to the Status screen. GPS source info is right at the top below the battery status.

Lou
Old June 1st 15, 01:05 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
HGXC[_3_]

On Saturday, May 30, 2015 at 11:32:30 AM UTC-4, HGXC wrote:
My Oudie is set up to use external GPS from my Cambridge. My process before flight is to turn on the Cambridge so it will lock the satellites (start blinking), then I turn on the Oudie. It always give me a quick notice that it has lost the GPS signal and then it works fine. My question is ...is there anyway I can tell from the GPS status box on screen what source its pulling the GPS from?

Dennis

Thanks Everyone for your help, Paul was right I didn't have the nav box correct. This instrument has more ways to adjust then i can keep track off.

Dennis

Old June 4th 15, 02:36 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
HGXC[_3_]

On Saturday, May 30, 2015 at 11:32:30 AM UTC-4, HGXC wrote:
My Oudie is set up to use external GPS from my Cambridge. My process before flight is to turn on the Cambridge so it will lock the satellites (start blinking), then I turn on the Oudie. It always give me a quick notice that it has lost the GPS signal and then it works fine. My question is ...is there anyway I can tell from the GPS status box on screen what source its pulling the GPS from?

Dennis

I noticed that even after I turn on my cambridge and let it acquire the satellites when I turn on my Oudie it doesn't pick up the primary and goes tpo secondary. I have to go into the menu and change it back to the primary and then its fine. Why doesn't it accept the primary right off? It connects to the glider battery right off.

Dennis
Old June 4th 15, 03:29 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Richard[_9_]

On Thursday, June 4, 2015 at 6:36:05 AM UTC-7, HGXC wrote:
[...]

Go Menu Settings Hardware (make sure Use Backup GPS & GPS Forwarding is not checked)

If Use Backup GPS is checked even a slight hiccup in the CAI will cause the Oudie to go to the Backup internal GPS. This may also cause problems with the settings of you QNH altitmeter and final glide calcs.

So it is my opinion that the Backup GPS should never be checked.

If your CAI fails you can always go to the Hardware page and select the Oudie internal GPS.

Richard
www.craggyaero.com

Question for Oudie users [email protected] Soaring 9 September 13th 12 02:17 PM
OurPlane Users??? [email protected] Piloting 2 July 8th 06 11:03 PM
Windows Users... john smith Piloting 0 December 31st 05 01:14 AM
hangsim users? Pete Simulators 0 June 28th 04 02:09 PM
FMC Users Guide Richard Bradshaw Products 0 October 3rd 03 10:43 AM