SeeYou and Volkslogger

Old April 18th 05, 05:48 AM

Default SeeYou and Volkslogger

I tried to download a flight from my Volkslogger using SeeYou (latest
version) without success. Has anyone successfully done this?

Tom

Old April 18th 05, 01:26 PM
Mal.com

have you tried using strepla

what error came up !

oups.com...

Old April 19th 05, 12:12 AM
Kevin Anderson

Also, do you have active synch running. It can occupy your com ports. I
have to disable active synch each time, before I can download or upload to
volkslogger.

Kevin
oups.com...

Old April 19th 05, 09:06 AM
Lars Peder Hansen

You don't need to disable ActiveSync altogether. Just rightclick it's icon,
select Connection Settings..., and deselect the "Allow serial cable or
infrared connection to this COM port:" option. You probably use USB for the
PDA cradle, anyway.

Happy Soaring,
Lars Peder

"Kevin Anderson" wrote in message
Also, do you have active synch running. It can occupy your com ports. I
have to disable active synch each time, before I can download or upload to
volkslogger.

Kevin
oups.com...

Old April 19th 05, 10:34 PM
Knacklappen

Umm sorry, I don't want to be rude, but wouldn't it be more efficient
to post questions on SeeYou in the SeeYou forum on the SeeYou
homepage?
There it is guaranteed that SeeYou experts are actually reading your
SeeYou problems.

See You!
/Reno ;-)

Old April 20th 05, 09:25 PM

Mal.com wrote:
have you tried using strepla

Yes - I couldn't get it to work either.

what error came up !

No error "came up", nothing happened. The Volkslogger did not see any
communication from the PC and defaulted to the usual logging mode.

oups.com...

Old April 20th 05, 09:30 PM

Well, I searched the SeeYou forum. There were several postings w/o
conclusive responses. The most likely issue seems to be interference
with ActiveSync.

BTW: users often times find solutions well in advance of the software
"manufacturers", who may test in a more steril environment. Falls into
the category of "Nothing ventured, nothing gained".

Tom

Old April 21st 05, 04:03 PM
Mal.com

Well if both cant do it that points to a connection problem check the com
port connection!

Are you using the serial cable with a power pack or battery yes?

What operating system are you using ?

You can set the logger to PC mode via the logger menu this can help as you
have 9 second window to get communication before it starts logging

set the pc mode open strepla then press F8 try com 2 with 9600 baud rate.

Go via the ACT: menu then PC: mode

If you change the com port try a reboot or program restart.

Are you running a software firewall on your PC ?

HTH

Mal

http://www.strepla.de/StrePla3/engli...exEnglish.html

wrote in message
ups.com...

Mal.com wrote:
have you tried using strepla

Yes - I couldn't get it to work either.

what error came up !

No error "came up", nothing happened. The Volkslogger did not see any
communication from the PC and defaulted to the usual logging mode.

wrote in message
oups.com...
I tried to download a flight from my Volkslogger using SeeYou

(latest
version) without success. Has anyone successfully done this?

Tom

Electronic declaration (for Volkslogger) stephanevdv Soaring 0 June 23rd 04 11:54 PM
Volkslogger woes Dan Rihn Soaring 10 March 25th 04 03:10 PM
Volkslogger questions Dan Rihn Soaring 1 January 7th 04 02:26 AM
Volkslogger flight log problem Bill Staley Soaring 1 October 7th 03 03:26 PM