Foam

Old September 18th 03, 03:50 PM
Ernest Christley

RobertR237 wrote:
In article , Richard Lamb
writes:

Just about as expensive too.

And adds 11 or 12 pounds to each bucket seat!

Still, after a week in the Taylorcraft, it just might be worth
the expense and weight...

It's not for every plane but it sure made some beautiful seats for mine.

The guys at work were passing around these magazines about 'tricking
out' cars. You know, the little japanese cars like in that 'fast and
furious' movie. They advertised racing seats that looked very enticing.
Thin, molded, and covered with temperfoam. Anyone have any experience
with these seats?

--
http://www.ernest.isa-geek.org/
"Ignorance is mankinds normal state,

Old September 18th 03, 08:46 PM
Eric Miller

"Larry Smith" wrote in message

I like conforfoam or temperfoam cause it feels like soft female butticks.
Make that soft *supple* female butticks.

Just about as expensive too.

So does that mean we have to update the old saying?

If it flies, floats, fornicates... or is foam... it's cheaper to rent =D

Eric

Old September 18th 03, 09:04 PM
Eric Miller

"Ernest Christley" wrote in message
The guys at work were passing around these magazines about 'tricking
out' cars. You know, the little japanese cars like in that 'fast and
furious' movie.

I love these bozos...

They add spoilers to the back of front drive, front steering cars...
They add skirts to the bottoms which probably cause more interference drag
and add more weight than anything else...
They add ZR tires on cars that'll probably never approach the need for the
low profile...

People pay more for high octane gas thinking it's better under the
assumption that since high performance engines require high octane, that
high octane = high performance... when high octane gas actually has less
energy by weight. (You should use the lowest octane you can as long as you
don't suffer from detonation... because that's all the octane rating is)

And my all time favorite... people who install those windshield wiper
pressure vanes on the BACK wiper of their cars, where the airflow is
actually working against them!

Reminds me of the time I was in college and needed to replace the muffler on
my car. I stopped at Midas and looked through the book... the cheapest
muffler they had (not the one I bought) was a nearly straight pipe (I'm
guessing it widened somewhat, but I didn't have a micrometer with me )...
on it's short list of features was "High Performance Sound" aka, the muffler
didn't muffle... LOL

After all, if it LOOKS fast, it must be fast... scoff

Eric

Old September 18th 03, 09:15 PM
Ron Natalie

"Eric Miller" wrote in message . net...

And my all time favorite... people who install those windshield wiper
pressure vanes on the BACK wiper of their cars, where the airflow is
actually working against them!

What makes you say that? The air doesn't rush out of the glass, it runs
over the surface. Provided the vanes are tilted the right way, it should
work fine.

Old September 18th 03, 09:58 PM
Eric Miller

"Ron Natalie" wrote in message
m...

"Eric Miller" wrote in message

. net...

And my all time favorite... people who install those windshield wiper
pressure vanes on the BACK wiper of their cars, where the airflow is
actually working against them!

What makes you say that? The air doesn't rush out of the glass, it runs
over the surface. Provided the vanes are tilted the right way, it should
work fine.

The vanes aren't tilted the right, that was my point.

Eric

Old September 20th 03, 03:02 AM
Ernest Christley

Eric Miller wrote:
"Ernest Christley" wrote in message

The guys at work were passing around these magazines about 'tricking
out' cars. You know, the little japanese cars like in that 'fast and
furious' movie.

After all, if it LOOKS fast, it must be fast... scoff

Eric

Right on, Eric. Other than the seats, the most interesting thing about
the magazine was the nearly pornographic women.

The seats seemed to be small, mounted on bent tubes, and were set up for
a 5-point harness. That still leaves the question of if my 240# butt
would fit in one.

Old September 20th 03, 05:19 AM
Eric Miller

"Ernest Christley" wrote

The seats seemed to be small, mounted on bent tubes, and were set up for
a 5-point harness. That still leaves the question of if my 240# butt
would fit in one.

Obviously we need 5/170# * 240# = 7-point harnesses!

I really should stop eating 170# FAA standard people for breakfast : )

Eric

Old September 20th 03, 04:07 PM
Ernest Christley

Eric Miller wrote:
"Ernest Christley" wrote

The seats seemed to be small, mounted on bent tubes, and were set up for
a 5-point harness. That still leaves the question of if my 240# butt
would fit in one.

Obviously we need 5/170# * 240# = 7-point harnesses!

I really should stop eating 170# FAA standard people for breakfast : )

Eric

Not me. I'm just going to get me some of that 3" strap from Harbor
Freight that is used to tow cars. That should come close to holding me
down. 8*)