Bizarre Fatal Accident-Suicide?

Old April 1st 04, 03:24 AM
C J Campbell

"Robert M. Gary" wrote in message
om...

If he was really dying of this cancer it seems pretty selfish for
"countless" others to want him to live in his misery for their
benefit. In the U.S. we have a seriously distorted cultural adversness
to suicide. Too much catholicism. I applaud the guy. He took control
of his destiny and did what he wanted to do.

Yeah, that 3 year old who was traumatized by having two halves of a dead
body fall into his yard should get a life. I mean, why should anybody
complain about having guts and blood all over their patio? The man was
heroic for what he did.

Seriously What in the world are you thinking?

Old April 1st 04, 05:59 PM
Robert M. Gary

"Gig Giacona" wrote in message ...
I don't care what illness the guy had. The was he chose to end his life put
many people, both those that he knew and even more he didn't know, in very
real danger.

Huh? What danger? Was he going to fall on the roof of a stadium and fall the roof?
Old April 1st 04, 06:08 PM
Robert M. Gary

"C J Campbell" wrote in message ...
"Robert M. Gary" wrote in message
om...

If he was really dying of this cancer it seems pretty selfish for
"countless" others to want him to live in his misery for their
benefit. In the U.S. we have a seriously distorted cultural adversness
to suicide. Too much catholicism. I applaud the guy. He took control
of his destiny and did what he wanted to do.

Yeah, that 3 year old who was traumatized by having two halves of a dead
body fall into his yard should get a life. I mean, why should anybody
complain about having guts and blood all over their patio? The man was
heroic for what he did.

I didn't read anything about a 3 year old. Please post the link that
describes this. No one once said the guy was heroic. Please quote
something that said the guy was a "hero". Superman is a hero, I said
I applaud this guy. Let's avoid the hyperbole. The guy saved himself
from months or years of being blind, in terrible pain all the time,
puking up his guts everyday, knowing he was just waiting to die. Maybe
he could have picked a better spot, but he sure could have picked a
worse one too.
Old April 1st 04, 06:09 PM
Peter Gottlieb

"Robert M. Gary" wrote in message
om...
"Gig Giacona" wrote in message

I don't care what illness the guy had. The was he chose to end his life

put
many people, both those that he knew and even more he didn't know, in

very
real danger.

Huh? What danger? Was he going to fall on the roof of a stadium and fall

the roof?

He landed close to others in a densely populated area and endangered the
pilot.

Old April 1st 04, 06:11 PM
Shiver Me Timbers

Robert M. Gary wrote:

Huh? What danger? Was he going to fall on the roof of a stadium and fall the roof?

He struck two power lines over the Graystone apartments and a
neighboring mobile-home park. The impact severed his body and
knocked out power for several hours to the area's 4,000 residents
and businesses.

The body glanced off the apartment building and landed in the patio
back yard of a ground-floor unit, where a woman was inside. No one
was injured.

If you can't see the potential for danger and the possibility of
someone actually being hit, then Robert I find it hard to believe
that you actually have the ability to fly an airplane because your
comments are showing the rest of the group that you are
dumber than a stump.
Old April 1st 04, 11:35 PM
Gig Giacona

"Robert M. Gary" wrote in message
om...
"Gig Giacona" wrote in message

I don't care what illness the guy had. The was he chose to end his life

put
many people, both those that he knew and even more he didn't know, in

very
real danger.

Huh? What danger? Was he going to fall on the roof of a stadium and fall

the roof?

He landed at/on/near an apartment complex. What the hell are you talking
about?

GigG

Old April 2nd 04, 06:51 AM
C J Campbell

"Robert M. Gary" wrote in message
om...
"C J Campbell" wrote in message

"Robert M. Gary" wrote in message
om...

If he was really dying of this cancer it seems pretty selfish for
"countless" others to want him to live in his misery for their
benefit. In the U.S. we have a seriously distorted cultural adversness
to suicide. Too much catholicism. I applaud the guy. He took control
of his destiny and did what he wanted to do.

Yeah, that 3 year old who was traumatized by having two halves of a dead
body fall into his yard should get a life. I mean, why should anybody
complain about having guts and blood all over their patio? The man was
heroic for what he did.

I didn't read anything about a 3 year old.

OK, he was eight. What age do you think is appropriate for watching people
do the bug on a windshield trick?

Please post the link that
describes this. No one once said the guy was heroic.

I said he was heroic. I was being sarcastic. OK, you were not applauding him
because he is a hero, perhaps not even admirable. Maybe you were applauding
him simply because you were entertained?

Please quote
something that said the guy was a "hero". Superman is a hero, I said
I applaud this guy. Let's avoid the hyperbole. The guy saved himself
from months or years of being blind, in terrible pain all the time,
puking up his guts everyday, knowing he was just waiting to die. Maybe
he could have picked a better spot, but he sure could have picked a
worse one too.

Yes, let's avoid the hyperbole. Please post the link that he was going to be
in terrible pain all the time, puking up his guts every day, waiting to die.
Not all tumors are fatal, you know. This one was going to make him blind.

Are you suggesting that people who find out they are going to go blind
should kill themselves? Would you applaud going out and killing blind
people?

What is wrong with counseling, pain medication, and just trying to help
people cope with their problems instead of applauding them for killing
themselves?

This guy endangered the pilot by getting into a struggle in the airplane. He
endangered and horrified people on the ground. This is fairly typical of
suicides, BTW. They never think for a minute about the cost and
inconvenience of cleaning up after them, nor are they generally concerned
about how their actions might endanger others, traumatize witnesses, waste
emergency resources, etc. They are focused solely upon themselves. Suicide
is indeed the ultimate expression of selfishness.

Weren't you the guy who was so supportive of that elderly couple who just
flew off into the sunset one day? I wonder how much time and money was spent
on search and rescue looking for them. How many people risked their lives to
determine what happened to them? What other emergency needs were not being
met because these thoughtless bozos never considered that their actions
might be tying up critical resources?

I wonder how much is spent on therapy for loved ones and unwilling witnesses
to suicides. I wonder how many horrible diseases are spread by people who
were exposed to blood and other bodily fluids from would-be suicides. I
wonder how many people are killed or injured by attempts to rescue or aid
those making half-hearted suicide attempts. I had a good friend who worked
for Involuntary Treatment. He was thrown down three flights of stairs by a
couple of teenagers that had made a suicide pact. He was badly injured. It
is nothing at all like the romanticized Romeos and Juliets in plays and
movies.

You want to know what suicide is all about? Try a Google search on Kurt
Cobain's suicide picture. Then, when you have seen it, tell me how you think
this behavior should be applauded.

Old April 3rd 04, 02:06 AM
Robert M. Gary

"C J Campbell" wrote in message ...
"Robert M. Gary" wrote in message
om...
"C J Campbell" wrote in message

"Robert M. Gary" wrote in message
om...

Yes, let's avoid the hyperbole. Please post the link that he was going to be
in terrible pain all the time, puking up his guts every day, waiting to die.
Not all tumors are fatal, you know. This one was going to make him blind.

I guess its possible that the guy has some non-terminal tumor that
would just cause him to be blind, but I believe that is very doubtful.
There is no need to prove he will live out the rest puking and in
pain. Have you ever known anyone who enjoyed Chemo?
-Robert
Old April 3rd 04, 02:08 AM
Robert M. Gary

"Gig Giacona" wrote in message ...
"Robert M. Gary" wrote in message
om...
"Gig Giacona" wrote in message

roof?

He landed at/on/near an apartment complex. What the hell are you talking
about?

I only believe about 1/2 of what I see from the media. We could have
been blocks away for all I know. I also know that anytime an airplane
crashes the media reports it was "sputtering".