Discus 2b For Sale

Old January 6th 20, 04:29 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Default Discus 2b For Sale

2001 Discus 2b, SN 119

2017 & 2019 US Club Class Nationals Winner, 2nd at 2018 Standard Nationals.

Factory winglets, metal top Cobra trailer with anti-sway, Ridge Sewing canopy cover, hydraulic disk brake, 3 batteries. 870 Hours Total Time.

Lots of extra spares for the glider and trailer, wing stand, tow-out gear, water meter, etc. A nice, tuned glider with easy handling and amazing performance in Standard, Sports or Club Class (even 15 Meter!) - ready to fly. Based in Dallas, TX. Delivery negotiable including at the Little Rock Convention next month.

Trailer and glider both in good condition. Will include new annual with sale.

Photos: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/zcztm5a0g...DTvdG1Bta?dl=0

Pricing: Base $57,000 includes Oudie 2, Ilec SB 9, Cambridge 302 vario, Sage CVA mechanical vario with averager, Dittel FSG2T Radio, Microair Transponder

ClearNav 2 instead of Oudie 2 - Add $2,000

PowerFlarm Core with ADS-B, Flarmview 2 and second antenna Option - Add $1,800

LX Era Vario with Navigation and IGC Logger instead of Sage - Add $400

MH Oxygen with EDS - Add $1,000

Old January 7th 20, 08:41 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Ludovic[_2_]

Nice glider.
I saw something I had never seen before but which makes perfect sense:
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/zcztm5a0g...5+15.04.21.jpg

Where did you get this jockey wheel from ?

Regards
Ludovic
Old January 7th 20, 12:29 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

On Tuesday, January 7, 2020 at 3:41:51 AM UTC-5, Ludovic wrote:
Nice glider.
I saw something I had never seen before but which makes perfect sense:
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/zcztm5a0g...5+15.04.21.jpg

Where did you get this jockey wheel from ?

Regards
Ludovic

That wheel is not approved, You just can't go to Farm & Fleet and buy a $40 trailer wheel, you have to buy the $170 + shipping wheel from Cobra. I would take that picture out of your drop box before the Cobra police see it.
Glen W
Old January 7th 20, 01:22 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Good eye Ludovic. The wheel is definitely an upgrade after I saw a club member with a larger version on his ASH-26 trailer. I got tired of the old Cobra wheel and having to either trust that it wouldn’t depart the trailer en route or take it off and stow it in the trailer. Definitely not a $40 Tractor Supply part.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B001F0IB14..._fVhfEbPT0J941
Old January 7th 20, 01:44 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Ludovic[_2_]

Thanks for the link !

Regards
Ludovic
Old January 7th 20, 02:55 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Nelson Howe

What I'm curious about are the two disc on/off switches on the right side of the cockpit.

Nelson
Old January 7th 20, 03:03 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Ludovic[_2_]

What I'm curious about are the two disc on/off switches on the right side of the cockpit.

Looks like bug wipers to me.

http://glider-equipment.nl/catalog/p...r4kap1p67u1ms1

Ludovic

Old January 7th 20, 06:03 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Eric Greenwell[_4_]

Ludovic wrote on 1/7/2020 5:44 AM:
Thanks for the link !

I considered the fancy Fulton for my ASH 26 E trailer, but decided it did not have
the lift I wanted, and had too many negative reviews. I bought this by
Dutton-Lainson, which has worked very well for two seasons:

Dutton-Lainson Co 22210 DLX Tongue Jack

https://www.amazon.com/Dutton-Lainso...%2C272&sr=8-17

It is far sturdier than the lighter weight tongue jack I was using, and easily
handles the 220 lb tongue load of the trailer.

Old January 7th 20, 10:23 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

On Tuesday, 7 January 2020 13:22:29 UTC, wrote:
Good eye Ludovic. The wheel is definitely an upgrade after I saw a club member with a larger version on his ASH-26 trailer. I got tired of the old Cobra wheel and having to either trust that it wouldn’t depart the trailer en route or take it off and stow it in the trailer. Definitely not a $40 Tractor Supply part.

Some people have trouble with these, but most of us don't.

I was going to move someone's trailer, and they rigged a bungee cord around the jockey wheel to keep it up, saying they'd had it drop down more than once, the jacking extending part gradually unscrewing with vibration, until the wheel touches the road.

Is that the sort of thing you mean? It can be avoided, by the way it's done up.

Old January 9th 20, 12:39 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
2G

On Tuesday, January 7, 2020 at 10:03:40 AM UTC-8, Eric Greenwell wrote:
Ludovic wrote on 1/7/2020 5:44 AM:
Thanks for the link !

I considered the fancy Fulton for my ASH 26 E trailer, but decided it did not have
the lift I wanted, and had too many negative reviews. I bought this by
Dutton-Lainson, which has worked very well for two seasons:

Dutton-Lainson Co 22210 DLX Tongue Jack

https://www.amazon.com/Dutton-Lainso...%2C272&sr=8-17

It is far sturdier than the lighter weight tongue jack I was using, and easily
handles the 220 lb tongue load of the trailer.

Your tongue must not have the parking brake assembly that is bolted to mine.. There is no access to the tongue itself - I have to use the mounting plate that has a hole pattern that matches the much-maligned Cobra tongue wheel (approx. 4" x 2", but I am sure that is metric), which I have to remove completely every time I tow it. It bottoms out on my driveway if I don't. I would have to make an adapter plate that accommodates the different mounting hole dimensions.

Tom

Discus A/B/CS for sale? T.J. Soaring 1 April 11th 12 04:05 PM
For Sale - Duo Discus Mike I Green Soaring 2 February 14th 12 03:54 PM
USA: Discus 2b for sale Guy Byars Soaring 2 February 4th 05 01:32 PM
Discus b for sale Heinz Buyer Soaring 0 April 5th 04 05:40 AM
Discus CS For Sale Joel Morgenstern Soaring 3 March 15th 04 08:30 PM