Eclipse 500 delivering

Old January 5th 07, 01:05 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Jim Macklin

Default Eclipse 500 delivering

FIRST CUSTOMER ECLIPSE 500 DELIVERED
Eclipse delivered its first customer aircraft December
31, at its headquarters in Albuquerque, New Mexico. Ramping
up to fulfill the backlog of more than 2,500 aircraft, the
company already has 37 additional aircraft on its production
line in various stages of assembly. Seven of these aircraft
have completed final assembly and are being prepared for
delivery.

The first customer Eclipse 500 was delivered to
co-owners David Crowe, a private owner, and Jet-Alliance, a
shared jet ownership company in Westlake Village,
California. While Crowe plans use his time with the jet
primarily for recreation, Jet-Alliance will be using it to
serve the needs of their growing list of co-ownership
clients. For more information visit www.eclipseaviation.com.

Old January 5th 07, 04:12 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Newps

Neil Gould wrote:

I'll bet Cessna wished they had a 2,500 plane backlog on any of
their models (and perhaps their entire line).

Cessna doesn't envy anybody, especially in jet sales.
Old January 5th 07, 04:22 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Neil Gould

Recently, Jim Macklin posted:

FIRST CUSTOMER ECLIPSE 500 DELIVERED
Eclipse delivered its first customer aircraft December
31, at its headquarters in Albuquerque, New Mexico. Ramping
up to fulfill the backlog of more than 2,500 aircraft, the
company already has 37 additional aircraft on its production
line in various stages of assembly. Seven of these aircraft
have completed final assembly and are being prepared for
delivery.

Well, that should satisfy the skeptics as to whether the E500 is a viable
product. I'll bet Cessna wished they had a 2,500 plane backlog on any of
their models (and perhaps their entire line).

Neil

Old January 5th 07, 05:07 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Dave Stadt

"Neil Gould" wrote in message
. net...
Recently, Jim Macklin posted:

FIRST CUSTOMER ECLIPSE 500 DELIVERED
Eclipse delivered its first customer aircraft December
31, at its headquarters in Albuquerque, New Mexico. Ramping
up to fulfill the backlog of more than 2,500 aircraft, the
company already has 37 additional aircraft on its production
line in various stages of assembly. Seven of these aircraft
have completed final assembly and are being prepared for
delivery.

Well, that should satisfy the skeptics as to whether the E500 is a viable
product. I'll bet Cessna wished they had a 2,500 plane backlog on any of
their models (and perhaps their entire line).

Neil

Eclipse is no threat to Cessna and Eclipse I am sure wishes it had the
backlog Cessna does. When it comes to business jets Cessna is so far ahead
it isn't even a race.

Old January 5th 07, 12:26 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Neil Gould

Recently, Dave Stadt posted:

"Neil Gould" wrote in message
. net...
Recently, Jim Macklin posted:

FIRST CUSTOMER ECLIPSE 500 DELIVERED
Eclipse delivered its first customer aircraft December
31, at its headquarters in Albuquerque, New Mexico. Ramping
up to fulfill the backlog of more than 2,500 aircraft, the
company already has 37 additional aircraft on its production
line in various stages of assembly. Seven of these aircraft
have completed final assembly and are being prepared for
delivery.

Well, that should satisfy the skeptics as to whether the E500 is a
viable product. I'll bet Cessna wished they had a 2,500 plane
backlog on any of their models (and perhaps their entire line).

Neil

Eclipse is no threat to Cessna and Eclipse I am sure wishes it had the
backlog Cessna does. When it comes to business jets Cessna is so far
ahead it isn't even a race.

I think you may have missed my point, Dave. Cessna is a successful,
established firm with a long history, so an upstart is not likely to be a
threat. However, if Cessna has a backlog of 2,500 for any one of their
jets, they are doing something seriously wrong, given that history and
established production capability. I suspect that their backlog is a lot
closer to their ability to deliver (or, it should be).

Neil

Old January 5th 07, 01:45 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Bill Denton

"Backlog" is really not the correct term for the Eclipse situation.

A more accurate description is "orders booked".

Neither the customers nor Eclipse expected that everyone would be able to
get their airplane the day after FAA certification was completed.

Customers were given something like an "anticipated delivery date" that, in
some cases, was probably several years in the future.

"Neil Gould" wrote in message
. net...
Recently, Dave Stadt posted:

. net...

Old January 5th 07, 02:07 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Viperdoc[_4_]

Does anyone know what the actual "out the door" delivered price was?

I was wondering whether Eclipse actually met their target price, or if not,
how much over did they go?

Old January 5th 07, 02:09 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Matt Barrow

"Dave Stadt" wrote in message
news

FIRST CUSTOMER ECLIPSE 500 DELIVERED
Eclipse delivered its first customer aircraft December
31, at its headquarters in Albuquerque, New Mexico. Ramping
up to fulfill the backlog of more than 2,500 aircraft, the

Eclipse is no threat to Cessna and Eclipse I am sure wishes it had the
backlog Cessna does. When it comes to business jets Cessna is so far
ahead it isn't even a race.

How much backlog does Cessna have for it's Citation line?

--
Matt
---------------------

Old January 5th 07, 02:34 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Neil Gould

Recently, Bill Denton posted:

"Backlog" is really not the correct term for the Eclipse situation.

A more accurate description is "orders booked".

Neither the customers nor Eclipse expected that everyone would be
able to get their airplane the day after FAA certification was
completed.

Customers were given something like an "anticipated delivery date"
that, in some cases, was probably several years in the future.

Perhaps you can explain the difference between this and a backlog of
orders? Are you suggesting that the orders weren't actually placed, and
that the reported figures represent mere inquiries into the delivery date?
I don't see why any company would keep a count of such inquiries, much
less report them as orders.

Neil

Old January 5th 07, 02:55 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Bill Denton

"Backlog" generally refers to an inability to deliver orders at the promised
time.

If someone ordered an airplane from Eclipse and were told it would be
delivered in January 2009 it would not be consider "backlogged" today...

et...