Reminder - Washington DC Area FIRC will be held January 19 and 19, 2020

Old December 6th 19, 08:26 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Default Reminder - Washington DC Area FIRC will be held January 19 and19, 2020

On Friday, December 6, 2019 at 1:44:44 PM UTC-5, wrote:
On Friday, December 6, 2019 at 12:44:33 PM UTC-5, wrote:
On Friday, December 6, 2019 at 12:11:23 AM UTC-5, Larry Suter wrote:
Two years ago I did an online FIRC during the Christmas Holidays and retained my February expiration date on the new CFi-G certificate.

Larry

Larry: that's because it was within the 3-month window prior to the expiration date. I was asking what happens if you do it BEFORE that window.

Moshe unless it changed recently you can renew your CFI at any time during the 2 years, but as pointed out if it is earlier than 3 months prior to expiration you get 2 years from the month of renewal. Before the 3 month window was created and online FIRCS CFIs often renewed early and sucked up the lost months simply due to scheduling a live FIRC before expiration.

Thanks Gregg. I've been told that a FIRC can be done ONLY within that 3-month window, but some hints from the thread point out that that's not really the case. Probably it was just a bad choice of wording by online FIRC vendors. So perhaps some day I'll make it to a soaring-specific face-to-face FIRC.