Flying Schools in the U.S.

Old October 4th 06, 02:37 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

Default Flying Schools in the U.S.

Hey guys i'm an indian student who wants to become a pilot but i don't
have much info about flying clubs in the US. Please send me some
details about FAA approved flying clubs preferably the ones that help
international students get student visas. Please include in it the cost
per hour single engine and multi engine and overall cost for 200 hrs
(15 hrs muti engine and 5 hrs multi on simulator) and cost of
accomodation.

Thanx a lot guys

Old October 4th 06, 02:50 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Killol

well... it ain't gonna be that easy...

I'll say start looking for some flying club sites and figure out how
much they cost and starting comparing...

let me know if you find something.

thanks...

Old October 4th 06, 03:56 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Jay Honeck

Hey guys i'm an indian student who wants to become a pilot but i don't
have much info about flying clubs in the US. Please send me some
details about FAA approved flying clubs preferably the ones that help
international students get student visas. Please include in it the cost
per hour single engine and multi engine and overall cost for 200 hrs
(15 hrs muti engine and 5 hrs multi on simulator) and cost of
accomodation.

I'm sorry I don't know the costs, but we just had a French guy come
stay with us for 3 months while he went through the flight school here
in Iowa City, IA. We cut him a good lodging deal, in the interest of
aviation! :-)

If you're interested, I can get you their contact info.
--
Jay Honeck
Iowa City, IA

Old October 4th 06, 07:01 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Bob Gardner

There are no FAA approved flying clubs in the US. "Flying club" has a
different meaning here in the states than it does overseas. You are looking
for a Part 141 flight school. Almost all of them have complete information
on how international students are handled. Lay hands on any US flying
magazine (or do a web search on "approved schools" and you will find what
you need.

Bob Gardner

oups.com...

Old October 4th 06, 10:04 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
kontiki

Skylune wrote:

Just go to the AOPA website. They are happy to hook up suckers with
flight schools that will milk you for all you got. And then, you can
be a marginally competent (though fully legal!) pilot!

I have discovered that incompetent people are usually malcontents like yourself.
As a flight instructor I have discovered that these sorts of people are
the ones that expect to be spoon fed and are usually weeded out early on
in training.

Old October 5th 06, 01:40 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

Hello...

You might want to try www.flytfc.com they are on the east coast of
Canada and you can do your float rating there too. Small school. I
know they have a guy from India there now and aparantly 4 more coming.
Great airport too.... every type of approach... and barely any
traffic.

-Dico

Old October 5th 06, 02:56 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Skylune[_2_]

kontiki wrote:
Skylune wrote:

Just go to the AOPA website. They are happy to hook up suckers with
flight schools that will milk you for all you got. And then, you can
be a marginally competent (though fully legal!) pilot!

I have discovered that incompetent people are usually malcontents like yourself.
As a flight instructor I have discovered that these sorts of people are
the ones that expect to be spoon fed and are usually weeded out early on
in training.

Actually, I quit training (with several other "students" at a National
Chain due to being fed a bill of goods about cost, efficacy of VFR
flying, etc.) They sell it like anyone can do it (which is true).
But, in my mind, to be safe, you need to practice much more than most
people have time for. They don't tell you that part. Sure, you can
get your PPL, and fly a few hours a year, and be legal. That is wild.

Plus, as I mentioned previously, the CFI showed up one day distinctly
smelling of alcohol. That did it for me. Now, I fly in the right
seat, and regulary witness (and hear my pilot friend) stupid pilot
tricks. There are very many nonqualified, licensed, legal pilots
flying around, as you know.

Old October 5th 06, 04:38 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
ktbr

Skylune wrote:

Actually, I quit training (with several other "students" at a National
Chain due to being fed a bill of goods about cost, efficacy of VFR
flying, etc.) They sell it like anyone can do it (which is true).
But, in my mind, to be safe, you need to practice much more than most
people have time for. They don't tell you that part.

Becoming competent at *anything* usually requires effort above and
beyond the basic spoon-feeding. That is why there are relatively few
real "experts" in most fields of endeavor. FLying is no different,
other than the fact that your onwn stupidity or laziness can get
you killed more easily than some other types of activites... or
at lease garner more spectacular headlines.

Sure, you can get your PPL, and fly a few hours a year, and be legal.
That is wild.

So I guess you would prefer more of the big brother approach whereby
you might have to pass a flight check evey 30 days or something? Nice...
that would make flying really enjoyable and inexpensive for people.

Personally I feel that Darwin's theory does a nice job of insuring
that competency is fairly high in Aviation... at least that's been
my experience. I don;t know about where you live....

Plus, as I mentioned previously, the CFI showed up one day distinctly
smelling of alcohol. That did it for me.

Okay... uh, you had one bad CFI so the whole Aviation community
sucks and you gave up. Let me tell you there are less than ideal
people in all walks of society... doctors, laywers, politicians...
even in your precious FAA.

Now, I fly in the right
seat, and regulary witness (and hear my pilot friend) stupid pilot
tricks. There are very many nonqualified, licensed, legal pilots
flying around, as you know.

Sound like you need to start picking some better friends.
The overwhelming majority of pilots I know make an effort
to be safe and follow the rules and avoid "stupid pilot tricks".
Many own airplanes and put a lot of money and time into them.

Like I said Lune, you might consider hooking up with a
different circle of friends.