Lange (Antares) update

Old December 20th 07, 02:24 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Default Lange (Antares) update

Hi All - I visited the Lange factory last week
and posted a few notes he
http://www.nadler.com/Antares/Lange_visit_20071210.html
After a tough year, looking good !
Best Regards, Dave "YO"
Old December 20th 07, 03:26 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Eric Greenwell

wrote:
Hi All - I visited the Lange factory last week
and posted a few notes he
http://www.nadler.com/Antares/Lange_visit_20071210.html
After a tough year, looking good !

Really pleased to see them back on track! I hope the "northwest
customer" is the one I'm know.

--
Eric Greenwell - Washington State, USA
* "Transponders in Sailplanes" http://tinyurl.com/y739x4
* "A Guide to Self-launching Sailplane Operation" at www.motorglider.org
Old December 20th 07, 10:18 AM
bagmaker bagmaker is offline
Senior Member

Location: Melbourne Australia

Hi All - I visited the Lange factory last week
and posted a few notes he
http://www.nadler.com/Antares/Lange_visit_20071210.html
After a tough year, looking good !

Dave,
Its so good that they are back on track!

Is "Andor" pointing to different wings, or is there a specific difference to the wings he is pointing to?
They sure dont look a matched pair

Thanks for the update

Bagger
Old December 20th 07, 04:38 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
JS

Thanks for the update, Dave. It was disappointing to hear of the
hiccup in production.

Believe that besides LH/RH shapes, the chief difference between the
wings is that one has only one sparry bit sticking out and the other
has two.
Jim

-

Old December 21st 07, 01:03 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

On Dec 20, 5:18 am, bagmaker
wrote:
-
Hi All - I visited the Lange factory last week
and posted a few notes hehttp://www.nadler.com/Antares/Lange_visit_20071210.html
After a tough year, looking good !-

Dave,
Its so good that they are back on track!

Is "Andor" pointing to different wings, or is there a specific
difference to the wings he is pointing to?
They sure dont look a matched pair

Thanks for the update

Bagger

--
bagmaker

Andor is indeed pointing to a set of wings that fit together,
spar joint is tongue and fork like most gliders...
Best Regards, Dave "YO"
Old December 21st 07, 11:30 PM

wrote:
-
Hi All - I visited the Lange factory last week
and posted a few notes hehttp://www.nadler.com/Antares/Lange_visit_20071210.html
After a tough year, looking good !-

Dave,
Its so good that they are back on track!

Is "Andor" pointing to different wings, or is there a specific
difference to the wings he is pointing to?
They sure dont look a matched pair

Thanks for the update

Bagger

--
bagmaker

Andor is indeed pointing to a set of wings that fit together,
spar joint is tongue and fork like most gliders...
Best Regards, Dave "YO"

If you say so Dave,
I appreciate they are a left and right wing, but the trailing edge root appears different, and perhaps the thickness over the spar. Camera angle? Maybe I am picky!

Still, great to see them on track, (Wish I had one!)

Bagger
Old December 22nd 07, 10:16 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

On Dec 21, 6:30 pm, bagmaker
wrote:
On Dec 20, 5:18 am, bagmaker
wrote:-
-
[...]

Hi Bagger - Its just that the far wing is a bit lower, a bit different
angle to the camera, and you're looking at the bottom rather
than the top. Really, they match perfectly !
Best Regards, Dave "YO"
Old December 23rd 07, 12:39 PM

wrote:-
-
[...]

I dont know, Dave, really, over here in Oz we are a sceptical lot, people from all over the world send us their rubbish and expect us to accept it just because its so hard to send back......

i think the best thing, you know, to re-assure us all, would be for me to scoot over there in summer and fly yours about for a couple of days!
I am sure that would settle my mind.

What do you think?

Bagger
Old December 24th 07, 04:24 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Nyal Williams

Bagger, where are you in Oz? I just returned from
there; flew a bit with Bendigo Club and with Terry
Bellair, an ole buddy from the 60s here in the States
as a temporary transplant. Seems he cleaned everyone's
clock at Narromine!

At 13:42 23 December 2007, Bagmaker wrote:

-
-

Old January 21st 08, 05:27 AM
bagmaker bagmaker is offline
Senior Member

Location: Melbourne Australia
Unhappy

Bagger, where are you in Oz? I just returned from
there; flew a bit with Bendigo Club and with Terry
Bellair, an ole buddy from the 60s here in the States
as a temporary transplant. Seems he cleaned everyone's
clock at Narromine!

Hi Nyal,

usually fly from Benalla (Victoria) but I get around a bit.
I have never met Terry but yes, he is a significant poster of OLC flights, especially from Bendigo area which is even more south than Benalla (think upside down you seppo's).
His flights have been impressive before the "season" started as well, as few people could have been available to assist for ground handling! Just goes to show how far a bit of determination will take you.

Bagger-
back from working holiday, still no flying :-(
such is life

Lange Flugzeugbau now Lange Aviation and back in business Markus Graeber Soaring 0 November 8th 07 07:41 PM
Lange Flugzeugbau now Lange Aviation and back in business Markus Graeber Soaring 0 November 8th 07 12:54 PM
Lange in financial trouble! rk Soaring 4 August 3rd 07 01:55 PM
News from Lange [email protected] Soaring 2 August 5th 06 11:49 PM
News from Lange Flugzeugbau Andor Holtsmark Soaring 0 July 21st 06 05:57 PM