LX NAV V3 Vario

Old November 1st 12, 03:32 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Richard[_9_]

Default LX NAV V3 Vario

LX NAV offers a new product V3 Vario a basic variometer with built in speaker.

http://www.craggyaero.com/lx_nav.htm

Richard
www.craggyaero.com
Old November 1st 12, 06:29 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
David Reitter

On Thursday, November 1, 2012 10:32:54 AM UTC-4, Richard wrote:
LX NAV offers a new product V3 Vario a basic variometer with built in speaker.

This looks really nice. Looks like it has an ambient pressure sensor and compensates via TE probe. I wonder if it could alternatively take pitot pressure (the V7 can do this). This would be easier to install in some old (club) gliders.

Given that I like my V7 a lot, I'm going to discuss purchase for our club two-seater. I could even hook up a Bluetooth module, to allow for logging of air data with a PDA/iPhone during the flight so instructors can de-brief their students. One would hope that training could eventually go beyond "not killing oneself" and involve actual soaring...
Old November 1st 12, 08:29 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Richard[_9_]

On Thursday, November 1, 2012 10:29:00 AM UTC-7, David Reitter wrote:
On Thursday, November 1, 2012 10:32:54 AM UTC-4, Richard wrote: LX NAV offers a new product V3 Vario a basic variometer with built in speaker. This looks really nice. Looks like it has an ambient pressure sensor and compensates via TE probe. I wonder if it could alternatively take pitot pressure (the V7 can do this). This would be easier to install in some old (club) gliders. Given that I like my V7 a lot, I'm going to discuss purchase for our club two-seater. I could even hook up a Bluetooth module, to allow for logging of air data with a PDA/iPhone during the flight so instructors can de-brief their students. One would hope that training could eventually go beyond "not killing oneself" and involve actual soaring...

David,

The V3 will not use Pitot Pressure, it can give you a speed to fly number but it not like the V7 is many ways ie. no pitot, no NMEA GPS input etc.

Speed to fly is based on the MacCready theory is a very useful tool to optimise cross-country
speed. The pilot must follow Speed to fly value on pneumatic airspeed indicator. Speed to
fly is calculated from polar of glider, actual sink rate (vario), MacCready setting, Ballast and
Bug setting.

The manual can be downloaded from LXNAV
http://www.lxnav.com/download/manuals.html

Richard
www.craggyaero.com
Old November 1st 12, 10:10 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Tim Mara

I'm sure this will be an excellent stand-alone variometer
just be aware that this is the little brother version of the V7 variometer
and does not have our use GPS inputs
to make connections to other devices the V7 is still the one from LX Nav to
look at
the installation manual is linked off my page
http://www.wingsandwheels.com/lx_nav...ano_flight.htm
tim

NK Vario Bastoune Soaring 6 December 7th 10 03:18 AM
WTB: 57mm Cambridge Vario/FS: 80mm Cambridge Vario ufmechanic Soaring 0 March 24th 09 06:31 PM
FS: LX-16 Vario [email protected] Soaring 4 February 6th 08 01:20 AM
TE vario G.A. Seguin Soaring 8 June 8th 04 04:44 AM
WTB LD-200 Vario Romeo Delta Soaring 0 June 4th 04 03:08 PM