Why was the USAF.....................

Old January 8th 04, 01:01 AM
BUFDRVR

Got any "D" model time?

Nope, only H model.

BUFDRVR

everyone on Bear Creek"
Old January 8th 04, 03:10 AM
David Hartung

"BUFDRVR" wrote in message
Got any "D" model time?

Nope, only H model.

I got to look inside an H one time, it was at Giant Sword 1977. I imagine
they have changed some.

Old January 8th 04, 11:16 AM
BUFDRVR

I got to look inside an H one time, it was at Giant Sword 1977. I imagine
they have changed some.

You would notice only minor changes.

BUFDRVR

everyone on Bear Creek"
Old January 7th 04, 11:30 PM
Gene Storey

"Ron" wrote
.
........stood down on 9/11?

You're off a few years. The Air Defense Command went out of
business in 1978 (I was there). When the F-106 was retired, there was no
priority to continental air defense. It basically became an FAA
air traffic control system.

Old January 7th 04, 11:33 PM
Tarver Engineering

"Gene Storey" wrote in message
"Ron" wrote
.
........stood down on 9/11?

You're off a few years. The Air Defense Command went out of
business in 1978 (I was there). When the F-106 was retired, there was no
priority to continental air defense. It basically became an FAA
air traffic control system.

Weren't you just a sperm back then?

Old January 8th 04, 02:14 PM
Steven P. McNicoll

"Gene Storey" wrote in message

You're off a few years. The Air Defense Command went out of
business in 1978 (I was there).

Air Defense Command became Aerospace Defense Command in 1968.

As a USAF major command, ADC was inactivated in 1979 and control of USAF
interceptor units and air surveillance radars and control centers was
transferred to TAC. Control of space surveillance assets transferred to
SAC, and ADC communications assets transferred to AFCC.

ADC was inactivated at that time only as a major USAF command, Aerospace
Defense Command continued to function as a US specified command.

When the F-106 was retired, there was no
priority to continental air defense. It basically became an FAA
air traffic control system.

Downsizing of continental air defense began long before the retirement of
the F-106. In fact, it began not long after the introduction of the F-106.
Very little of that air defense system became part of the FAA. The NOTIP
project demonstrated that SAGE wasn't a very good system for ATC. Some
radar sites were joint-use, that was about it.

Old January 8th 04, 04:20 PM
Tarver Engineering

"Steven P. McNicoll" wrote in message
hlink.net...

"Gene Storey" wrote in message

You're off a few years. The Air Defense Command went out of
business in 1978 (I was there).

Air Defense Command became Aerospace Defense Command in 1968.

As a USAF major command, ADC was inactivated in 1979 and control of USAF
interceptor units and air surveillance radars and control centers was
transferred to TAC. Control of space surveillance assets transferred to
SAC, and ADC communications assets transferred to AFCC.

ADC was inactivated at that time only as a major USAF command, Aerospace
Defense Command continued to function as a US specified command.

I am pleased that we in ADC continued to exist through the 70s.

Old January 8th 04, 09:59 PM
David Hartung

"Steven P. McNicoll" wrote in message
hlink.net...

"Gene Storey" wrote in message

You're off a few years. The Air Defense Command went out of
business in 1978 (I was there).

Air Defense Command became Aerospace Defense Command in 1968.

As a USAF major command, ADC was inactivated in 1979 and control of USAF
interceptor units and air surveillance radars and control centers was
transferred to TAC.

If I recall, it was called ADTAC.

Old January 8th 04, 04:36 AM
C.D.Damron

Show up at my door and ask a question like that, dumbass.

"Ron" wrote in message
m...