Replacement Cessna 152 panel

Old April 7th 04, 02:19 AM
Paul Folbrecht

Default Replacement Cessna 152 panel

Where can I get one? I looked at places like Aircraft Spruce and found
nothing.

My panel is cracked and chipped in numerous places. It looks like crap.
I know you can buy replacement panels without the holes drilled for
chearp. I can take care of the holes.
Old April 7th 04, 03:00 AM

If you want to go for the gusto, see http://www.pfluegers.com/

--
Jim Pennino

Remove -spam-sux to reply.
Old April 7th 04, 04:08 AM
G.R. Patterson III

Paul Folbrecht wrote:

Where can I get one? I looked at places like Aircraft Spruce and found
nothing.

Try http://www.helicopterpartsstore.com/online_menu.asp . Find page 9 of the Cessna
150/152 catalog.

George Patterson
This marriage is off to a shaky start. The groom just asked the band to
play "Your cheatin' heart", and the bride just requested "Don't come home
a'drinkin' with lovin' on your mind".
Old April 7th 04, 06:12 AM
Louis L. Perley III

Paul,
I too am in the process of fixing up my 152, I was told by the guy at
the paint shop that a company called Plane Plastics does a good job (still
trying to map out all the pieces I need to order, so haven't placed a final
order yet)

The parts you're interested in can be found at
http://www.planeplastics.com/cessnap...4&modelname=15 (This link
will take you straight to the plastic parts for the 152, the panel is page 9
[Page 8 is for the C150])

--
Louis Perley III
N46000 - KBJC

Old April 8th 04, 02:52 PM
Jeff P

You might want to think about repair vs purchase.

I recently took the overlay off my 172 and did many major repairs. I
had many cracked corners and missing bits and pieces.

For the cracks I used epoxy and a little bit of fiberglass to
reinforce from the back.

For small missing areas, I used bondo to build up the areas.

I had one hole that had been converted from a 3 1/8 round hole to a
ATI square hole for my STEC autopilot. Whoever installed it had used
a heater to melt the overlay and sort of bent it into a semi square
shape. It really looked like hell. To fix this, I made a square plug
to match the hole I wanted in the overlay, pushed it into the space on
the overlay, and packed bondo into the spaces between the plug and the
overlay. Later, I removed the plug and faired up the corners.

For large messed up areas, I bought a used panel on ebay for spare
parts and cut and pasted with fiberglass as needed.

To finish, I used a faux granite paint from the hardware store for a
base coat. This provided a really nice texture that is just slightly
rougher than the factory part. This stuff will cover up any minor
imperfections or differences in surface roughness. After the base
coat, I used a gray vinyl paint from the auto parts store. To finish
it up I bought engraved placards from a sign shop to replace the
original decals.

For loose wobblely post lights that won't stay lit, I used little bits
of aluminum tape on the sides of the bulb inserts to tighten them up.

I spent about $50 in parts (and maybe $2,000 in labor at my normal
hourly rate of $2 / hour.) Although it took some time, the end result
is an overlay that I thinks looks way better than new.

Jeff
Old April 9th 04, 01:40 AM

I just used Plane Plastics... FAST service, new part, lots of
instructions and hints shipped with the part, and a CD catalogue..

I would definately order from them again...

Dave

Old April 9th 04, 03:48 PM
Paul Folbrecht

Jeff,

Congrats on your panel, but at $250 for all new plastic the amount of
work involved in repair doesn't strike me as a favorable tradeoff. The
panel plastic in my plane is no doubt original, thus 25yo, and looks it.

Since the plane is going into the avionics shop shortly anyway they can
swap it out for me for virtually no additional cost.