AOPA and the Wall Street Journal

Old October 21st 04, 10:32 AM
Cub Driver

Default AOPA and the Wall Street Journal

Yesterday (Wednesday) the Wall Street Journal had an op-ed about
terrorism, illustrated by a cute little drawing of what seems to be
two Light Sport Aircraft buzzing (or possibly crop-dusting with ricin,
since crop dusters are mentioned in the essay) the White House.

I got onto the AOPA website and filled out an online email. Later I
noticed the Phil Boyer had an email contact there as well, so for good
measure I emailed him as well.

This was about 6 a.m. eastern time. By mid-morning I had an email from
Mr. Boyer saying he was in California (so it must have been 6 a.m. for
him as well) but would get on to it as soon as he could locate a WSJ.
Likely he was typing on a Blackberry.

Mid-afternoon I got an email from AOPA in much more general terms,
thanking me and saying it would be passed on to the public-relations
staff for action.

A while ago I posted here how impressed I was with AOPA's response to
a question I had on the changes to recreational pilot rules as a
result of the Sport Pilot initiative. Well, I'm impressed again--more
by Phil Boyer than by his staff! I look forward to his letter in a
forthcoming issue of the Journal

all the best -- Dan Ford
email: (put Cubdriver in subject line)

Warbird's Forum
www.warbirdforum.com
Piper Cub Forum www.pipercubforum.com
the blog www.danford.net
Old October 21st 04, 03:28 PM
Ross Richardson

On occassions I have e-mail Mr. Boyer and was impressed how quickly he
responded and addressed my problems. For a guy who heads the largest
aviation organization, he is very approachable.

Ross

Old October 21st 04, 03:56 PM
Ron Natalie

Ross Richardson wrote:
On occassions I have e-mail Mr. Boyer and was impressed how quickly he
responded and addressed my problems. For a guy who heads the largest
aviation organization, he is very approachable.

Aboslutely. Even when all hell was breaking lose the weeks after
9/11 I got personal responses out of him and various HQ staffers
I was in contact with. Mr. Boyer clearly sets an example that's
followed through AOPA management.
Old October 21st 04, 10:05 PM
Robert M. Gary

Cub Driver wrote in message . ..
A while ago I posted here how impressed I was with AOPA's response to
a question I had on the changes to recreational pilot rules as a
result of the Sport Pilot initiative. Well, I'm impressed again--more
by Phil Boyer than by his staff! I look forward to his letter in a
forthcoming issue of the Journal

About a year ago Mr. Boyer came through town. I met him for lunch with
some other local pilots. He picked up the bill. What more can I say?
You can't get much better than that. I will say he looks a bit more
youthful in the pictures.

-Robert
Old October 22nd 04, 05:42 AM
Peter R.

Robert M. Gary ) wrote:

About a year ago Mr. Boyer came through town. I met him for lunch with
some other local pilots. He picked up the bill. What more can I say?

Probably all AOPA members picked up the bill that day, if you know what
I mean.

--
Peter