Day 2 Seniors USA 2009 711 reporting.

Old March 10th 09, 12:58 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Default Day 2 Seniors USA 2009 711 reporting.

KS wins day 2. A TAT of 2 hrs and 40 mins and 5 turn areas. Of course,
my student, YO, will tell you he won but he is flying as a guess and
after he gets nailed with the handicap Dave slip slides away. But, he
is having a great time as all are.
Reported climbs better than expected and winning distance was about
174 miles.
Several areas we had to tip toe through and late day gave higher
altiudes(5,000 msl) making the way home easier.
Top 4 are KS, KM, 5U and 711. More should get posted on the SSA
website shortly. That's about all I can remember for
now...............

Thermal tight, Soar high, Fly safe. #711 reporting
Old March 10th 09, 11:23 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
DRN

On Mar 9, 8:58*pm, wrote:
Of course, my student, YO, will tell you he won but he is flying
as a guest and after he gets nailed with the handicap Dave slip
slides away....

Nah, the Antares is a much better glider than the others here.
So even though I've gone furthest and fastest three days in
a row, its sadly true that the first four guys are just better
than me (I'm in fifth). I'll just have to go faster !

My mentor 711 told me to go to Havanna and ignore that
silly task sheet. I got about 40 miles south before deciding
maybe he was fooling with me, so I came back and flew the
task...
http://www.onlinecontest.org/olc-2.0...tId=-267818245

See ya, Dave "YO electric"
Old March 11th 09, 01:53 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

On Mar 10, 7:23�am, DRN wrote:
On Mar 9, 8:58�pm, wrote:

Of course, �my student, YO, will tell you he won but he is flying
as a guest and after he gets nailed with the handicap Dave slip
slides away....

Nah, the Antares is a much better glider than the others here.
So even though I've gone furthest and fastest three days in
a row, its sadly true that the first four guys are just better
than me (I'm in fifth). I'll just have to go faster !

My mentor 711 told me to go to Havanna and ignore that
silly task sheet. I got about 40 miles south before deciding
maybe he was fooling with me, so I came back and flew the
task...http://www.onlinecontest.org/olc-2.0....html?flightId...

See ya, Dave "YO electric"

Yep, its true, I sent him to Havanna. BUT, when Dave landed today, he
was puffin on a big old cigar............and a grin from ear to
ear.....

3rd day news, TA, wins the day by one point over KS. Top 4 remain the
same. BUT, we are waiting for winscore updates before scores will
become offical. CD Good said we should have more tomorrow.

Todays task was a 3 turn TAT of 2 hrs 45 minutes. Big fires and smoke
around first turn. Those who went to the west side of the turn had 12
kts to 7 k, while the other group who went east, got ka slamed with 5
kts in the blue to 5 k. From the second to third turn, it was a test
to slow down and some had to settle for less just to get home.

Tonight we had a cattered BBQ dinner. Wednesday we rest.

Thermal tight, Saor high, Fly safe. #711 reporting.

Old March 13th 09, 01:10 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

SSA website seems to be "caught up" with some excellent commentary.
Thanks guys. Looks fun!