They no longer say "FAR's"

Old April 28th 10, 12:17 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Mark

Default They no longer say "FAR's"

Interesting. The term, "Federal Aviation Regulations"
or FAR's was replaced some time back by the new
term "Code of Federal Regulations" or CFR's.

---
Mark
Old April 28th 10, 11:58 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Ari[_2_]

On Tue, 27 Apr 2010 16:17:57 -0700 (PDT), Mark wrote:

Interesting.

Only to you, Mr. Lonely.

*LOL*
--
A fireside chat not with Ari!
http://tr.im/holj
Old April 29th 10, 01:44 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Mark

On Apr 28, 9:24*pm, Rocky wrote:
They have always been the FAR'S. The CFR's are the all encompassing
Codes. For example CFR 47 contains Part 97 (the ham radio regs) . The
FAR'S are only 1 volume of the CFR'S...
Rocky

According to FAA-H-8083-3A, and I quote:

"The Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) is
empowered by the U.S.Congress to promote
aviation safety by prescribing safety standards
for civil aviation. This is accomplished through
the Code of Federal Regulations (CFRs)
formerly referred to as Federal Aviation
Regulations (FARs)".

---
Mark

Old April 29th 10, 04:33 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Jim Logajan

Mark wrote:
On Apr 28, 9:24 pm, Rocky wrote:
They have always been the FAR'S. The CFR's are the all encompassing
Codes. For example CFR 47 contains Part 97 (the ham radio regs) . The
FAR'S are only 1 volume of the CFR'S...
Rocky

According to FAA-H-8083-3A, and I quote:

"The Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) is
empowered by the U.S.Congress to promote
aviation safety by prescribing safety standards
for civil aviation. This is accomplished through
the Code of Federal Regulations (CFRs)
formerly referred to as Federal Aviation
Regulations (FARs)".

About 10 years ago someone on this group pointed out that FAA's "FAR"
acronym conflicts with another U.S. Federal government set of rules:
Federal Acquisition Regulations. Anyway, found the thread he

http://groups.google.com/group/rec.a...ec44a59854062c

The "formerly referred to" phrase seems to indicate an attempt by some
group within the federal government to eradicate the conflicting acronym
usage. It doesn't seem to have worked, since CFR section 13.7 still
refers "Federal Aviation Regulations," among other places. And trying to
replace FAR with CFR doesn't make a lot of sense either, since as Rocky
points out, CFR is an acronym encompassing all federal regulations, not
just aviation ones.

Speaking of FARs, that reminds me that I need to buy the latest ASA
FAR/AIM.
Old April 29th 10, 07:13 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Jay \Little Napoleon\ Severson[_2_]

On Wed, 28 Apr 2010 17:44:30 -0700 (PDT), Mark wrote:

On Apr 28, 9:24*pm, Rocky wrote:
They have always been the FAR'S. The CFR's are the all encompassing
Codes. For example CFR 47 contains Part 97 (the ham radio regs) . The
FAR'S are only 1 volume of the CFR'S...
Rocky

According to FAA-H-8083-3A, and I quote:

"The Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) is
empowered by the U.S.Congress to promote
aviation safety by prescribing safety standards
for civil aviation. This is accomplished through
the Code of Federal Regulations (CFRs)
formerly referred to as Federal Aviation
Regulations (FARs)".

I am right, my Microsoft Sim manual says so so go **** yourselves.
---
Mark

*plonk*
Old May 1st 10, 03:14 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Darius

http://groups.google.com/group/rec.a...owse_frm/threa...

The "formerly referred to" phrase seems to indicate an attempt by some
group within the federal government to eradicate the conflicting acronym
usage. It doesn't seem to have worked, since CFR section 13.7 still
refers "Federal Aviation Regulations," among other places. And trying to
replace FAR with CFR doesn't make a lot of sense either, since as Rocky
points out, CFR is an acronym encompassing all federal regulations, not
just aviation ones.

Speaking of FARs, that reminds me that I need to buy the latest ASA
FAR/AIM.- Hide quoted text -

Just goes to show you have to cross reference your
data from the FAA against other data from the Faa. Ha!

They still reference FARs at this web resource:
C:\Users\Owner\Desktop\Airworthiness Directives.mht

---
Mark
Old May 1st 10, 03:18 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Darius

Mark wrote:
On Apr 28, 9:24 pm, Rocky wrote:
[...]

Oops. I mean: