Blanik L13AC value

Old March 21st 12, 07:54 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Ramy

Default Blanik L13AC value

What should be the market value of an L13AC (including trailer), assuming in good shape?

Thanks,

Ramy
Old March 21st 12, 08:55 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Renny[_2_]

On Mar 21, 12:54*am, Ramy wrote:
What should be the market value of an L13AC (including trailer), assuming in good shape?

Thanks,

Ramy

Ramy,
It all will all depend on the results of the following (from the
Blanik website):

"In May 2011, Aircraft Design and Certification Ltd (AD&C), based in
Germany, submitted an application for a Supplemental Type Certificate
(STC) to the FAA, Small Airplane Directorate for approval of their
inspection and modification program for the L-13 BLANÍK sailplane.
The intent of this STC is to modify the existing wing attachment
structure as an AMOC to AD 2010-18-05 and reinstate flight operations
of the L-13 BLANÍK sailplane."

If this STC is approved the question will be what will be the cost to
make the STC modifications and then get the L-13s flying again. Once
you know that "number," you may be able to come up with a market
value...

Now, at the SSA Convention I heard some "numbers" thrown around on the
possible cost of implementing the STC, but I am really not sure if any
"real" numbers are available for you to use. I did "hear" that it
might be anything from $15K to 25K, or even more, but that important
number is still TBD...

Thx - Renny
Old March 21st 12, 09:05 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Tony[_5_]

The "Blanik AD" does not apply to the L-13AC.

http://sites.google.com/site/blanikspar/
Old March 21st 12, 09:13 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Hagbard Celine

I would think it would be fairly close in value to an L-23 of
comparable age/time/condition/equipment. It would probably go for a
little more due to the increased aerobatic capability. Look for L-23
ads on sites like Wings&Wheels and search back a year or two using
archive.org's Wayback Machine to get a larger sample. If you're lucky
you might even find a few actual L-13AC's for sale even though they
seem to be much less common than L-23's.
Old March 21st 12, 10:01 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Renny[_2_]

On Mar 21, 2:05*pm, Tony wrote:
The "Blanik AD" does not apply to the L-13AC.

http://sites.google.com/site/blanikspar/

My mistake...My apologies...
Thanks - Renny
Old March 21st 12, 10:02 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Renny[_2_]

On Mar 21, 2:05*pm, Tony wrote:
The "Blanik AD" does not apply to the L-13AC.

http://sites.google.com/site/blanikspar/

My mistake and my apologies for the error........
Thanks - Renny

Blanik L23 AD tomcatvf51 Soaring 1 January 27th 11 01:17 AM
Blanik L-23 Super Blanik Manual -F.C.F.S. Joel Flamenbaum Soaring 2 April 14th 10 03:29 PM
Blanik L23 AD tomcatvf51 Soaring 0 February 12th 09 01:52 PM
Blanik L-23 BDS[_2_] Soaring 7 June 27th 07 03:35 PM
Blanik L-13 brien Soaring 0 December 5th 04 03:00 PM