I would like to find a place to volunteer my time

Old August 17th 06, 08:24 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
dani

Default I would like to find a place to volunteer my time

I want to know if anyone can help me find a way to volunteer my time at
an air show some where in or around Minneapolis, Minnesota. I know we
are coming to the end of summer and as far as I know October is the
latest we have them in Minnesota. I am also open to any other ideas of
how to volunteer my time within this industry.

Old August 17th 06, 08:27 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Jim Macklin

Check with the EAA www.eaa.org for local airshows/fly ins,
also the CAP.

ups.com...

Old August 17th 06, 10:44 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Capt. Geoffrey Thorpe

ups.com...

http://iac78.org/contests/ael06.htm

--
Geoff
The Sea Hawk at Wow Way d0t Com

Old August 17th 06, 11:25 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Montblack[_1_]

("dani" wrote)
I want to know if anyone can help me find a way to volunteer my time at
an air show some where in or around Minneapolis, Minnesota. I know we
are coming to the end of summer and as far as I know October is the
latest we have them in Minnesota. I am also open to any other ideas of
how to volunteer my time within this industry.

Check with me! :-)

I live in the Twin Cities and do much aviation related volunteering.

This weekend too soon to start for you? g

This weekend I will be in the southern Twin Cities (Apple Valley, Lakeville,
Farmington area) for the EAA Sport Pilot Tour - Minneapolis.

http://www.sportpilot.org/learn/tour.html

Our EAA Chapter 237 (based in the northern Twin Cities - at ANE) has been
asked to help out the Chapter hosting the event. Our Chapter has the
equipment (and experience) to put on a pancake breakfast for 1,000 people +
then do the lunch, also.

Tomorrow morning (Friday) at 9:00 am, we're loading up the canopy tent,
grills, supplies, food, tables, chairs, coolers, etc ...then driving down to
LVN and setting everything up.

Saturday (August 19th) we'll get down there, early, to get things going.
Don't know if we pack up Saturday evening or Sunday morning?

http://www.airnav.com/airport/KLVN
AirLake Airport (KLVN)
17 miles straight south of The Mall of America - on Cedar Ave (MN Hwy77)

E-mail me for contact info for this, or for other volunteering
opportunities:

Montblack (at)
vi si[.]
co

Old August 18th 06, 12:16 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Ken Finney

"dani" wrote in message
ups.com...
I want to know if anyone can help me find a way to volunteer my time at
an air show some where in or around Minneapolis, Minnesota. I know we
are coming to the end of summer and as far as I know October is the
latest we have them in Minnesota. I am also open to any other ideas of
how to volunteer my time within this industry.

I second the recommendation made by someone else regarding the CAP. "CAP"
is the Civil Air Patrol. www.cap.gov

I'm joining myself next Monday.

Old August 18th 06, 12:55 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
RST Engineering

Boy, I'd like to see that.

{;-)

Jim

Old August 18th 06, 02:32 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
dani

Can you email me at I could not get your
email to work and I live in apple valley and would love to help!
Dani
("dani" wrote)

Old August 18th 06, 03:24 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Jim Carter[_1_]

As Jim suggested, check with the Civil Air Patrol. We are losing a lot
of our members who were flyers in Korea and 'Nam because of age and
infirmities. I was out for 18 years and went back in a year ago myself
-- the equipment is much better now and there seems to be much more
activity. Being a quasi-military organization, CAP is very much into
procedures and safety, so don't expect to walk in off the street and be
handed the keys to their equipment. Our roles have expanded considerably
from the old SAR and Aerospace Ed to include more responsibilities in
national disaster relief, local, state and federal agency support, organ
and biomedical transport, and other similar tasks.

I have young grandkids now and get significant satisfaction supporting
the local law enforcement agencies in some of their activites. Check out
http://www.cap.gov/ for further information. There are at least 3 units
in the Minneapolis area:
http://cap.findlocation.com/results.aspx?page=default

But I'll be honest, I sure miss those old T-34s and O-1s...

Old August 18th 06, 03:41 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Emily[_1_]

Jim Carter wrote:
As Jim suggested, check with the Civil Air Patrol. We are losing a lot
of our members who were flyers in Korea and 'Nam because of age and
infirmities.

Since you mention this, I'll ask....would a 20-something female fit in
at all? I've been thinking about it, and really am not afraid of being
the only woman (I work in the industry, and rarely see women) but I
always got a feeling it was an old boys club. True?
Old August 18th 06, 04:24 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
vincent p. norris

Since you mention this, I'll ask....would a 20-something female fit in
at all?

There are no doubt some male chauvinist units, but in general, women
who are interested in aviation are welcomed.

vince norris

Stupid Question Crash Lander Piloting 35 July 23rd 06 02:39 AM
"I Want To FLY!"-(Youth) My store to raise funds for flying lessons Curtl33 General Aviation 7 January 10th 04 12:35 AM